• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA and ACA may merge!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greetings from Montreal. ChinaClipper has it right according to my captain for this month (former West Air pilot for 7 years.) If this goes down, I'm almost certain to leave for a helicopter job in the gulf - or if Comair takes the DoJets, go to Comair. I can't see working for MESA for any length of time.

As somebody else said, I smell United in this as well. Using my tax dollars in a bailout to take away my job.....

House X, if you are going to commit Hari Kari, at least take out J.O. on your way out......... BANZAI!!!!!!!!

So instead of a job flying larger aircraft for a new LCC, the ACA pilots get bought out by the worst regional airline in the industry, MESA. What a funny business this is.

Sleepy,

Well said. I would not be a happy camper with JO at the helm... Tilton at UAL is the puppet master I am sure. I bet Lorenzo is impressed too.

If anyone ever questions why I am happy to be working at a Frac now I just point at this kind of shennanigans. No way will I ever willingly get back into the 121 biz.

Relax and drink the bong water....

First off WSCRJ, turn off the computer and enjoy the new kid. You have another three weeks until you have to put up with this again.

As for Freedom as some have expressed concerns over, the official unofficial plan is to empty the certificate by April. 700/900 aircraft are being moved over to Mesa at about two per month. The big rumor was to free up the certificate in time for Branson's new start up. We currently have two or three 700's at Mesa and I think two 900's but I could be wrong. Who knows how that could affect the DAL codeshare IF, and I mean IF this goes through.

Now, about the pilot group bashing. I have some friends at other airlines including ACA that told me where I could go for voting yes on the contract. After I explained what things were like at Mesa, not my opinion but what actually happened, they realized it was a sh*t sandwich. The corporate culture of this company is f'd up, not the pilot group. Had we walked off the job, they would have replaced us because there were plenty of guys willing to work for Freedom.

Now to original point of my post....relax. I know this is scary for the ACA guys because of Mesa's reputation. Our pay isn't bad, but the QOL issues do stink. I am upgrading to the left seat of the CRJ and going from being a very senior FO to being a lower than whale sh*t at high tide Captain and having 8 days off a month for the forseeable future. That's my choice. And when I say the pay is not bad, everyone here quibbles over a few bucks an hour. Bottom line everyone here as a FO (all regionals) make lousy wages. But the fact remains and I have said it before, there is no way this company can support a merger like this. We do not have the infrastructure to support what we currently do. In training right now they do not have enough instructors and they run classes 18 hours a day.....I agree with some previous posts that this may be nothing more than smoke and mirrors for JO to make a little extra cash. OR, his ego cannot let him not be the first to turn a regional into a major.

A lot are also curious, our scope in Section 1 makes Mesa the controlling group in ANY merger/aquistion. Both are ALPA.

And one last thing, Mesa guys are nervous too because this kind of thing could make this whole company implode. From the inside believe me, this company could not handle growth at this rate.

I feel for you guys that are single income at ACA and worrying about this but relax, my guess is it 1)Won't happen, or 2)Will take FOREVER to occur.

Sorry for such a long winded post.

-ML

".... And when I say the pay is not bad, everyone here quibbles over a few bucks an hour."

I believe in year two on the CRJ, as an F/O at ACA. I make more than your top CRJ F/O pay. $35.39. Please correct me if I am wrong

KSwift said:
I believe in year two on the CRJ, as an F/O at ACA. I make more than your top CRJ F/O pay. $35.39. Please correct me if I am wrong

You are not wrong. Mesa FO pay tops out at year 9, and it is $35.04, or $31,886.40 annual (13 bids at 70 hours min guarantee).

Of course, Mesa is not Eagle, so there are no such thing as 9th year FO's either, though there are some 4th years (and that pay is $31.90 hr, or $29,029 annual, since I'm sure you'd ask:))

Re: Relax and drink the bong water....

Mesa Lifer said:
Our pay isn't bad, but the QOL issues do stink.
-ML

If I were working at Mesa as a captain on the Dojet (and using the your 20-64 set TP rates as you don't have a 30 seat jet rate), I will would be making $20,000 LESS a year. I make more flying this do-do around than a comparable captain flying the 50seat planes.

Your pay does suck.

Your QOL does stink.

I hope to have no part of it. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I pray to never have to use the callsign "Airshuttle" before my flight number.

I know guys at JO...they are absolutely miserable. JO wages for BE1900 crews is a crime. This is nothing against JO pilots personally. But the fact is, everyone knows how JO treats their pilots, apathy seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

I'm sure the ACA pilot group will fight this one like it's "The Alamo"...mainly to preserve our contract, and preserve what little quality of life we have. The fact that ACA Board is contemplating this deal is very dissappointing and make me wonder if Goldilocks is a hoax or decoy for alternate intentions.

I'm sure many of us at ACA have spent last night contemplating other careers. I'm not upset at JO pilots...but if this deal goes down...I can only blame the leadership of ACA...they are the ones who will put ink on the deal...they are the ones who lead us to these rocky shores.

House

Last edited:
House_X said:
I
I'm sure the ACA pilot group will fight this one like it's "The Alamo"...mainly to preserve our contract, and preserve what little quality of life we have. The fact that ACA Board is contemplating this deal is very dissappointing and make me wonder if Goldilocks is a hoax or decoy for alternate intentions.

House

Don't read too much into that. The ACA Board would not be doing its job if they didn't consider it. They have to take any offer that would affect the shareholders into consideration. That is why there is a Board.

Latest resources

Back