• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA and ACA may merge!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there really are more companies that want to buy ACA, maybe the BOD at ACA will realize that the thought of ACA becoming another low cost airline is starting to scare the s@$% out the other airlines. And more than one company's mgt thinks that it will work.

Jesus fcuking christ this is EXACTLY what Lorenzo did when he was trying to take control of Continental? ( I can't remember if it was peoples or cal)

But that a$$ just sat back and watched his stock soar. Just like JO is doing with the ACA stock if a bidding war breaks out.

Those that do not remember history are condemed to repeat it.

Floyd94 said:
It is indeed, lets all go throw rocks in the engines of all the UAL planes...:D

That's just not cool to post. I know 1749 pilots (or there abouts) that have been on an emotional rollercoster when ACA's negotiations with UAL started stalling and we had to vote on a concessionary TA to beat off the wolves and defend our gates to keep any form of UAX business. Then, the plan was to all along break from the Titanic and create an LCC.

Now, my future was intrinsically tied to the survival of UAL. Thought that's not the case today, even with all I've been through the last 4 months (including a downgrade), I still wish no ill will on UAL. Why? Because more of us than just the sum total UAL employees would be devastated if they went out, the entire airline industry would feel it for a long time before recovery. I'm not insinuating government bailouts, but let UAL run its own slow natural course so we as an industry can adapt to their departure.

Tailwinds...

I was just kidding, it probably was in poor taste in todays economy, and for that I apologize. I know several UAL pilots and would never wish any ill-will towards them. So now that its been posted, bash away.

Hey Guys?

How much lower are we gonna have to go? Are we ever going to plateau out of this downward spiral?

How low can it go? Who knows? In my opinion, one of the things driving this spiraling descent is the main requirement to be hired at a career airline - PIC time. A F.O. knows that thousands of right seat hours are literally useless - the requirement is for multi-engine PIC time. There is no incentive to fight for a better contract - only a contract that has the possibility of expansion for the company and more captain slots.

46Driver said:
How low can it go? Who knows? In my opinion, one of the things driving this spiraling descent is the main requirement to be hired at a career airline - PIC time. A F.O. knows that thousands of right seat hours are literally useless - the requirement is for multi-engine PIC time. There is no incentive to fight for a better contract - only a contract that has the possibility of expansion for the company and more captain slots.

The irony is that even PIC time doesn't even mean much these days. With only a handful of airlines hiring, 1000 hours of PIC time and a dime will get you a cup of coffee. Some regional pilots won't realize this until they wake up on their 40th birthday and realize -- wow, I guess I'm at this airline for the long haul, too bad we have such a crappy contract. (But at least I upgraded quick ten years ago!)

Latest resources

Back