Merger troubles, power struggle over the new company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP,

You do realize that the 747-400 pays less than the 777 and 767-400 at Delta and the 747-200 pays just a little more than our straight 767's. So you think guys will want up to the great white North for a paycut? Boy you must have big jet syndrome.

Any merger will necesitate a new joint contract. Pay rates will go up on all equipment, more so on the NWA equipment as they come up to parity and then the joint contract takes us all up beyond that.

That being said, while it is true that NWA has 16 B747-400s, that ought to be put in context. The possible merger will encompass over 800 airframes, not just 16 B747-400s.

I'm confident that a reasonable integration methodolgy can be reached between the two MECs in the event of a merger. I'm also confident that if there is a merger the DAL/NWA MECs will redefine the way mergers and integrations are conducted.

That's nothing. Want to talk about greed and ego? I can't wait to sit back and watch the show when General Lee and his (as Occam put it) "Double Breasted Horde" storm MSP and DTW to "take" the 747-400 positions that are "rightfully" theirs. They "deserve" a better deal than those trailer trash NWA pilots. Just ask them. They are Delta Pilots, after all! ;)

strong words from an ASA guy who has worn out several pairs of kneepads and jars of Vasiline desperately trying to get an interview with "Double Breasted Horde."

I believe it's called "sour grapes."

JP,

You do realize that the 747-400 pays less than the 777 and 767-400 at Delta and the 747-200 pays just a little more than our straight 767's. So you think guys will want up to the great white North for a paycut? Boy you must have big jet syndrome.

I don't. But I bet they do. It's a pride plane. I can't tell you how many times I j/s'd to DTW and listened to the Delta pilots talk about how they "wish they has some of those". Besides, DALPA will get that pay rate up. Just ask them! :rolleyes:

strong words from an ASA guy who has worn out several pairs of kneepads and jars of Vasiline desperately trying to get an interview with "Double Breasted Horde."

I believe it's called "sour grapes."

You would be wrong. I'll never take a job where I'd be unhappy every day because of the people I have to work with. Me at Delta is NOT a good fit for my personality.

I'm actually planning my exit from this industry, not trying to delve deeper into it.

You lose, better luck next time.

You would be wrong. I'll never take a job where I'd be unhappy every day because of the people I have to work with. Me at Delta is NOT a good fit for my personality.

I'm actually planning my exit from this industry, not trying to delve deeper into it.

You lose, better luck next time.

Actually, if you're getting out of the industry, it's a "win" for everyone on this board. The sooner the better

Thanks for the great news!

p.s. I'd bet that you at any airline is not a "good fit for [your] personality."

Last edited:
Actually, if you're getting out of the industry, it's a "win" for everyone on this board.

Thanks for the great news!

Guess that's the best you can do. Apparently you haven't figured out yet that I don't care what anybody thinks about me, especially you.

Funny how things like integrating work groups actually becomes an issue when it affects the top income "earners" in a company.

Now if it was just about the pilots not coming to an agreement, well see USair.

Any merger will necesitate a new joint contract. Pay rates will go up on all equipment, more so on the NWA equipment as they come up to parity and then the joint contract takes us all up beyond that.

That being said, while it is true that NWA has 16 B747-400s, that ought to be put in context. The possible merger will encompass over 800 airframes, not just 16 B747-400s.

I'm confident that a reasonable integration methodolgy can be reached between the two MECs in the event of a merger. I'm also confident that if there is a merger the DAL/NWA MECs will redefine the way mergers and integrations are conducted.

Hey buddy, can you share some of that crazy sh#t your smokin'!!!!

But...but....but....the General promised us these 2 CEOs would get along great and that the merger would have no hurdles due to these guys. That is definitely not the sugar free koolaid in General's cup.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back