• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merger troubles, power struggle over the new company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But...but....but....the General promised us these 2 CEOs would get along great and that the merger would have no hurdles due to these guys. That is definitely not the sugar free koolaid in General's cup.

Huh? What are you smoking? When did I say both CEOs would get along great? They knew each other at NWA, but that's all I know about that. Thanks for elevating me to God status. I must know it all according to you. BTW, you are now going to HELL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think this article drives home a point that I have been aware for sometime and I am sure many of you are as well; and that is this crap about 'share holder value', and 'watching out for the shareholders' as the motive behind the machinations of business is utter ..... crap.

First of all, here are 2 management teams who have the responsability of watching out for the shareholders and involved in a vital business negotiation necessary for their corporate survival they say or at least imply and what do they do?

They hold the deal up to protect their high income positions.

This notion that corporate management acts on behalf of anyone but themselves is a myth. We live in a corporate hegemony plain and simple, with no care or concern for any of the rest of us simpletons. Not only that, but we all know that this anti-trust concern, or Oberstars' worries about consumers is a simple matter of greasin' the right palms, that is read as bribery. How do you think the age 65 issue was so 'skillfully' resolved?

Sometimes I wonder if a banana republic is much more crooked than our system of government. What sucks is there seems to be nothing we can do about this kind of stuff; our presidential vote makes no difference because the candidates are bought and paid for as well.

And if someone doesn't want to play ball, well that would be where the grassy knoll comes into play.

Guess I shouldn't complain, the sooner we 'consolidate' and get rid of 'excess capacity' the sooner we make room for Ryan and all the other low ball Euro-carriers that will make open-skies our version of NAFTA.

Latest resources

Back