• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mark Twombly calls professional pilots "whiners."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twombly is entitled to his opinion. As previously mentioned, the fact that he earns his living in part flying for South Florida charter operators gives him not a lot of gravitas to spout off publicly about scheduled airlines and their issues.

I don't know Gerry personally, but I read his articles in Sport Aviation for years, and got the sense he's a good guy. I would imagine his comments have made for some interesting conversations for him at work. :rolleyes:

Then again this is America. Don't like AOPA? Don't be a member. I'm still with them, even though I believe they have moved a little too much of their emphasis to those of us who fly six figure airplanes with avionic suites that cost more than my Cub. I have the same complaint with EAA, who has moved away from their original mission of homebuilding cheap airplanes for the "everyman". (I am no longer an EAA member, not as a protest over organizational culture, but because they have a difficult time consistently delivering their monthly magazine.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back