Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The left turn could have been to head for an emergency alternate, which they did fly to, but if they were then incapacitated the plane overflew it. Seven hours later it's on the ocean floor. Not sure if ELT can be heard from a satellite from deep under water.

The left turn was supposedly initiated 'prior' to the "good night" call.Why wouldnt they declare the emergency at the same time they were turning towards their emergency alternate.Seems strange to me why they wouldn't at-least say something since the turn was already initiated.
Now there is a supposed Maldive island eye witness that claims to have seen a low flying jet in the early morning hours that next morning.

Last edited:
Some dips?&t on CNN just said that he thinks it's a bad idea that cockpit doors are locked and that we need cameras in the cockpit to monitor the pilots....good luck finding pilots to fly the planes if you do that...moron

The left turn was supposedly initiated 'prior' to the "good night" call.Why wouldnt they declare the emergency at the same time they were turning towards their emergency alternate.Seems strange to me why they wouldn't at-least say something since the turn was already initiated.
Didn't know that one. I'm just hoping it wasn't the pilots. I can only imagine what Homeland Security, TSA, and FAA will come up with for us if it was. Cameras, no more jumpseaters, remote control of FMC in flight, annual psych eval, etc.

Last edited:
Military radar can fix a primary target and its altitude.

True, but only if someone had bothered to actually track that individual target with a height-finder radar (vertical scan vs. horizontal scan) at the time of the "event." Unless they are training, they don't routinely do that, so they can't go back and look at a surveillance radar tape and get a precise altitude.

Some dips?&t on CNN just said that he thinks it's a bad idea that cockpit doors are locked and that we need cameras in the cockpit to monitor the pilots....good luck finding pilots to fly the planes if you do that...moron

Yes sir, and back to back dip$hits as well?..not sure if you caught the second moron who parroted the first.

Too bad the Inmarsat pings laid down two potential arcs the next morning nowhere near where this guy believes.

Also, the Swissair accident involved an MD-11 not a DC-10, although similar, it leads me to think that the original writer's research was not as thorough as he wishes us to believe.

I don't know about you guys, but if I thought my plane was on fire over the ocean I'd probably fire off a mayday and a position before I just start pulling all the breakers.

Since the General is on FI vacation, any word if he's one of these experts on CNN?

Haven't you heard- ?
iPad cameras and mics work anytime the Jeppesen app is running even if it's in the background

Reliable source

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back