Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all this wild speculation that is going on I'll say this, until it is proven otherwise I'll consider the flight crew as two more victims of this horrible crime.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its probably a duck...

All of these "what if's" would have produced fault messages to operations and an E&E bay fire doesn't change the heading by 120 degrees.

But the "divert" and "divert overhead" functions of the FMS might if the crew had a fire in the E&E compartment and began the process of diverting the aircraft somewhere before they were incapacitated by smoke. Maybe they were heading for Penang.

An EE fire may have knocked out the data link and transponder prior to any EICAS messages being produced to be sent depending on where the fire started. Pilots are always the scapegoats when there is no "known" in an event.

I don't buy the climb to FL450 theory that was fed to the news. How is that calculated without a transponder and altitude reporting anyway? Also, with RR engines, I don't think it's even possible to get that high. Can any radar experts explain?

I don't buy the climb to FL450 theory that was fed to the news. How is that calculated without a transponder and altitude reporting anyway? Also, with RR engines, I don't think it's even possible to get that high. Can any radar experts explain?

Military radar can fix a primary target and its altitude.

Latest CNN headline "Someone in cockpit rerouted airplane". Wow, and here I was think it was the guy in 29b using his ipad to mastermind the whole thing......

Latest resources

Back