• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXJET 70+ seat rates out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fully expect the company to schedule RR until the night before that changes (if it actually happens) Then watch the operation fall apart within a day.

I would bet a years pay on that EXACT scenario. Additionally, we will have to argue with those idiots for a month after it goes into affect.

What am I thinking?
It'll take Longer than that.....I still argue about 16 hours max duty with them occasionally and EVERY summer.

Last edited:
Per the ASA MEC, the latest details of the contract amendment are out for the LXJT guys. It includes this gem:

Common Variant

o Any aircraft granted a common type certificate (ex. CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900) will be considered a single type for filling of vacancies.

o Common Variant Compensation

§ Hourly pay rates will be determined by seniority

§ Pilots will be grouped in equal percentage to the distribution of aircraft types, with the senior pilots receiving higher pay rates.

§ EXAMPLE: The Company operates a common-variant fleet consisting of 5 CRJ-200s, 10 CRJ-700s and 5 CRJ-900s. 100 Captains and 100 First Officers are assigned to this fleet. Because 75% of the fleet is covered under the 51-90 seat pay table and 25% is covered under the 41-50 seat pay table, the senior 75% of the Captains and First Officers will be paid at the 51-90 seat rate and the junior 25% will be paid at the 41-50 seat rate.

§ The pilot will be paid based on his seniority and there will be no direct connection between the variant flown and the rate received.

So, if this BS were forced on the LASA side later (since there is now precedent), if you were the 75th pilot on the CR2/7/9, you would get the higher pay rate on all aircraft you flew, but if you were the 76th pilot, you would get the lower pay rate on ALL aircraft you flew (even though you are memorizing more info, flying larger aircraft perhaps all the time, and generally giving huge cost savings to the company). Talk about arbitrary injustice! I would vote NO! to the whole contract over that part alone.

Isn't there language in the Transition Agreement that stipulates contract development by the either party be transparent?

Why is this news to LASA?

Per the ASA MEC, the latest details of the contract amendment are out for the LXJT guys. It includes this gem:

So, if this BS were forced on the LASA side later (since there is now precedent), if you were the 75th pilot on the CR2/7/9, you would get the higher pay rate on all aircraft you flew, but if you were the 76th pilot, you would get the lower pay rate on ALL aircraft you flew (even though you are memorizing more info, flying larger aircraft perhaps all the time, and generally giving huge cost savings to the company). Talk about arbitrary injustice! I would vote NO! to the whole contract over that part alone.

By the way, this is what Eagle agreed to in their new contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with one rate to fly all aircraft in the joint contract.

Last edited:
Well, there ya go. I now have no desire to complete this merger.

I used to be in favor of SLI

Keep us separate. I'm sure the LXJT group feels the same way.

By the way, this is what Eagle agreed to in their new contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with one rate to fly all aircraft in the joint contract.

Huh? This from you with all the "no concessions till we die" attitude. What is this all about?

The tune changed very quickly indeed. I really wonder:

Asking about Ipads in the arbitration,
Not seemingly concerned that PBS was back-doored that way,
Guys already peeved about the Smartpref awards,
Discussing dual-qual unsolicitedly,
Not upset over $2 vs 20%....

I could go on...

Question is, what kind of back-stabbing, back-door politics is going on behind the scenes?

Something is off here

Latest resources

Back