• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXJET 70+ seat rates out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's ASA, why would people actually go to training to actually make less flying a bigger airplane? With PBS there is very little soft time. PBS is directly tied in with flying the 170 at L-xjt. I on average fly 75 hours and get paid 90 to 95 hours flying the 145. That's what line bidding and soft time gets ya. With PBS you have very little soft time. On top of that if the company somehow figures out how to get rid of hour soft time I just need to fly a minute and a half longer and badda bing badda boom I get paid just as much, still have total control with line bidding, still get 21 days off for one week of vacation, and am able to maximize days off and pick up soft time.

I think you lost line bidding with this deal. Worse yet, it's a globalized system that does not honor seniority or provide transparency. Also, soft time has nothing to do with PBS, we have plenty with prefbid.

Ps, i have carry over vaca, so there are six months this year I will only work eight days.

Last edited:
Arbitration never yields industry leading rates- of course it was going to be an average snapshot of the current industry contracts right now... Can anyone enlighten me why it went to arbitration so quickly? I have not been following this and seems like the company and the ERJ side just started negotiating this not all that long ago.

Larger equipment and their rates will not determine the juniority or seniority of who flies them on your list. It will be things like-

-new aircraft vs old- I prefer new it tends to break less

-which aircraft has better schedules? bigger aircraft will be on longer routes so easier to make money and less legs per day

-bigger aircraft tend to fly to better cities thus better overnights.

-Aircraft performance, comfort, and automation.. Which one is easier to fly, less work, and doesnt make me freeze or sweat?

-having first class means better snacks to pilfer

-pilots DO have egos and tend to equate bigger with better..

-people just get bored and want change.. Some motivated pilots may look at another type as making them more marketable for their next job.

-some people actually like training.. IF training is where they live and means someone can be a 9 to 5er for a couple months in training they will jump at the chance- especially if they are on reserve or can avoid commuting

-Maybe most important- Where will I be on that list? People will jump all over the place trying to get a little more relative seniority then what they may have had on the other aircraft.....

So in the end the slight difference in pay will almost be irrelevant.

Last edited:
Believe me Guys, I want you all to get back what you gave up. But The game has changed. When you guys got your best contract you were a wholly owned subsiderary of Continental Airlines and the industry average margin for Regionals back then was 8%. Enter todays market and the average margin is 1-2%. Do I think we deserve more pay, ABSOLUTELY! But, with management bidding these contracts so slim, there is no room. My hope is for mid contract rate resets when it becomes increasingly more difficult to attract Pilots. I recently flew with an FO that is headed to Asia with his family for higher paying job. Not my cup of tea, but 10 years ago this was unheard of.

Back to the tread topic of 70 rate for LXJT. I hope you guys get an order for big jets. But, I think Uncle Jerry will use this as a shot across your bow for the rest of your contract expectations. Bottom, line, even with your hourly payrate at $2 less than ours, your overall compensation is still probably 10% higher than ASA and Skywest's. When our contract is done, Jerry will match our package to Skywest's within a week. He did it that way last time. I have spoke with our Negotiating Committee and they have said that Jerry's marching orders at the beginning of JCBA was that XJT's b-fund will not go forward, so figure out something else.

I will be the first to admit that there is all sorts of BS that I don't understand with some of our contracts with our partners. Like, for instance, we are suppose to slot in as the second lowest cost carrier for Delta. Ok, fine, what is our cost and how much are we under 3rd? Additionally, we put so much empathis on performance bonus crap. What is the Companies bonus if we make our A-14 number? See, none of us know this stuff. I do know that our equivalent pilot at Skywest has performance plus checks that are 5 times bigger than ours for the same quarters.

I think this was the last puzzle piece before a UAL large RJ award is announced. We wait and see who will get rewarded......

Can anyone enlighten me why it went to arbitration so quickly? I have not been following this and seems like the company and the ERJ side just started negotiating this not all that long ago.

Because there was CBA language that dictated so.

Larger equipment and their rates will not determine the juniority or seniority of who flies them on your list. It will be things like-

-new aircraft vs old- I prefer new it tends to break less

Old pilots, especially old regional pilots don't like change, so who knows what will happen. Before 2008 and the reign of the green lantern, the planes broke, well, almost never. There was a time when system wide with 274 airplanes doing almost 1500 daily departures there was less the 20 MEL's a day, SYSTEM WIDE!!!!!!! On an average month there was usually no more than 5 MX cancellations between almost 45000 departures.

-which aircraft has better schedules? bigger aircraft will be on longer routes so easier to make money and less legs per day

-bigger aircraft tend to fly to better cities thus better overnights.

Not sure. There are 70 seat operators that do the EXACT same routes that XJT does, especially the XR model. And the XR's won't be leaving as quickly as the others. I talk to plenty of RAH/SKW guys on my commute that are flying the CR7/170 and they're doing 5 legs a day also. To the SAME crappy places the 145 goes to. The bold part, not so sure about that either. A 8-10 hour MSY/MSP/ATL/LGA/DFW or whatever defines "better cities" sucks as much as ANY OTHER 8-10 hour overnight. Wouldn't matter if you were doing it on a B-1900 or a 777.

-Aircraft performance, comfort, and automation. Which one is easier to fly, less work, and doesnt make me freeze or sweat?

Understand this one, but see the point from before. Old regional pilots DON'T like change. I feel sorry for the initial cadre and/or EMB instructors that will be training the first classes. And ALL the times they'll have to hear from the Woodlands Mafia "well, back on the ATR we did it like this........"

-pilots DO have egos and tend to equate bigger with better..

Agree, I made that point a few posts back.

-people just get bored and want change.. Some motivated pilots may look at another type as making them more marketable for their next job.

Usually. But the pilots that will bid it for all the bling, glamour, prestige, and whatever else probably AREN'T going anywhere. "Well, back on the Beech, this is how we did it..........."

-Maybe most important- Where will I be on that list? People will jump all over the place trying to get a little more relative seniority then what they may have had on the other aircraft.....

Dependent on too many factors and the company. But again, that probably won't be an issue for many.

So in the end the slight difference in pay will almost be irrelevant.

True, at $2/hr it won't be. Maybe $100 more a month take home?

Believe me Guys, I want you all to get back what you gave up. But The game has changed. When you guys got your best contract you were a wholly owned subsiderary of Continental Airlines and the industry average margin for Regionals back then was 8%.

Not exactly. The IPO spinoff stock price inflation pump and dump happened in 2002. The current CBA was signed in 2004. It was a cost +10% agreement. Later lowered to about 8% IIRC.

Last edited:
Good summary but don't forget that all overnights are 10+ hours starting in January. About time too.

In the end the "large" erj rates will most likely be superceded by whatever is agreed to in the JCBA.. The company most likely just needs a rate to pay because larger aircraft are coming.

Now I cringe when I hear large ac are coming because in the past with Delta that means that even more smaller ac are leaving....

In the end the "large" erj rates will most likely be superceded by whatever is agreed to in the JCBA.

True, sucks complete balls though from a negotiating standpoint.

The company most likely just needs a rate to pay because larger aircraft are coming.

Again, true. As well as to put together some kind of cost per (whatever) for ANY RFP. As well as when DAL come knocking for another a$$ raping.

Now I cringe when I hear large ac are coming because in the past with Delta that means that even more smaller ac are leaving....

But........but......it's a newer bigger shinier plane!!!!!!

Good summary but don't forget that all overnights are 10+ hours starting in January. About time too.

Fully expect the company to schedule RR until the night before that changes (if it actually happens) Then watch the operation fall apart within a day.

Latest resources

Back