• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Luvin' it...SWA 2nd time hopefuls!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to the SWA PD, the percentage of people being called back in for second interviews is about 5%. Given the nimber of people who have been rejected I would say that your wait will be a long one if you have interviewed since jan. 2004. I nterviewed in june '04, got the letter, and have been occasionally calling the pd to ask for another interview. Recently the politely asked my to be patient but stop calling, we'll call you. I guess that means it's going to be a while longer. Anyway, I'm not holding my breath for a second interview and just enjoying where I am right now with great seniority.

quote - Farscape - "According to the SWA PD, the percentage of people being called back in for second interviews is about 5%."

Thanks for the info. My interview was Jun of 04 as well (Jun 10).... I have been considering calling as you have, but it sounds as if it may not be very helpful at this point.

I too will just enjoy where I am, and be thankful for the good things that I do have.

Take Care,

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We agree to disagree on symantics, you say it is flawed, I will agree it is not perfect, but neither is it flawed. Oh, and what system at what company is perfect? It works for SWA. It is what it is.

Good point! Nothing can ever be perfect. It's just that when I fly with an ex F18 guy with an absolutely awesome personality and humble demeanor who everyone likes and who puts up with me for the trip, and has gotten turned down at SWA, I just have to scratch my head. Why interview so many people just to turn them down? Look at the percentages, you can't tell me that many guys are substandard. Why not just interview less people but hire more, giving more guys hope. Again, they didn't hire me, but that was smart, I'm a moron. ;)

I don't know, Salmon maybe. When they spawn, millions go upstream, your saying only the best ones should go?:rolleyes: :erm: :erm: (frontal fish view)

And, you seem to be doing just fine at JB, best of luck.:)

good interaction

This is some good stuff. Hopefully we can stay connected (the 2nd time hopefuls). The information on the 5% that get called back is a bit alarming but I don't want to believe it. Hopefully more with info can offer personal experience. Does the 5% deal with those that did not make it through the interview or those that did not make it through the DB? Are they both 5%? Do they know or add any info to your application about what you did or did'nt do the first time or how far you went the first time? I've got to believe that this would have some bearing on the time between the first and second interview.

Please folks keep the information coming. It is greatly appreciated I am staying positive and continuing to educate myself on the next time. Thank you in advance for your time.

First time no type, second time?

If unsuccessful on the first attempt, and didn't have a 737 type...Do they expect you to get one for the second interview? Or, would it be a wise move, or does it matter? Thnx

Something to keep in mind...someone brought up the process FedEx uses with the good ole boy network. Or how you walk into an interview 75% hired when you interview with CAL, FedEx, etc...but do you realize how hard it is to get the interview? I think in the end it ends up being the same...it's a wash. Especially comparing FedEx and SWA. SWA will give most an opportunity...which is more than FedEx or CAL will give you unless you are well connected. CAL interviews 4 to 6 people a day...SWA interviews 24. CAL will probably hire all 4 or 5 out of 6...SWA will hire about 5 out of the 24. They hire about the same number per day...except SWA actually gives us not-so-well-connected people a chance. That alone makes them a class act in my book. My not-so-well-connected rear end would never ever see the doors of FedEx because I just don't have that network...and to build it would require years. Life is what you make of it...what works for some will not work for others. Yes SWA turns many down...but at least you had a chance which is more than others will ever give.

Puddlejumper101

Good point. I think some airlines figure that well connected is an attractive characteristic....

at Fedex if the guy screws up his sponsor will deffinetly hear about it, they hold you responsible for those you sponsor and it helps self police the group.

Latest resources

Back