Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TxPilot0878

Get Some!
I need to get about 7 bags ASAP...for my flight dept. My buddy (who is conveniently out of country...I can't get ahold of him) had one a couple of years back that had his last name stenciled in Red block letters, was aluminium encased, had a steel retractable handle and resembles ones that I have seen on Luggage Works...NG series.
Anyone know who offers that bag and who still adds the names...which I think is a classy touch! I would like uniform bags...and I like the bag that my friend had.

Regards,

Tex

www.stopover.com also has the luggage--with a model they only sell that they claim is their best seller: the 108NG Stop Over Stealth 22"...I'm looking at what to get also, fwit! Good luck!:)

Try www.StrongBags.com, started by a SWA guy and he has good products. If you want to save a ton of money, less hassle, and good customer service, I'd go with them. I just bought a roller and love it! Simple, tough, with replaceable parts. I'm sure he'll cut you a great deal, since he owns the company.

He does embroidery also. Contact email I think is [email protected]

I've been using a Luggage Works bag (previously called Purdy Neat Things or PNT bag) for 11 years. I've twice had to sent it back for repairs. The first one was due to it being partially crushed by airline employees, and the second time due to zippers getting busted off due to normal wear and tear. The current bag has some improvements over mine with the biggest two being it comes with the stainless handle (steel breaks too fast) and the location of the main bag zipper to the face vice the corners of the bag.
It's expensive compared to the Travel Pro type bags but it's built very well. I would recommend the bag to anyone who buys stuff that lasts vice what's cheapest.

I currently have luggage works and have had Travel pro. They both suck for various reasons. The 22" luggage works wont fit crap. The 22" in Travel pro will. The Travel pro is cheaper by a wide margin but not as tough. If I had to buy another bag today I would go with that SW pilot strong bags or another Travel pro. If you want to fit more than underwear and a few socks youll have to get the 24" luggage works like I have. Good luck in the overhead bin though.

Try www.StrongBags.com, started by a SWA guy and he has good products. If you want to save a ton of money, less hassle, and good customer service, I'd go with them. I just bought a roller and love it! Simple, tough, with replaceable parts. I'm sure he'll cut you a great deal, since he owns the company.

He does embroidery also. Contact email I think is [email protected]

STRONGBAGS ARE MADE IN CHINA.

LUGGAGE WORKS ARE MADE IN THE USA.

SUPPORT AMERICAN JOBS!

Costco...Cheap, Wear well, LIFETIME guarantee, Maybe their not GQ Pilot crap, but they work well. In the 12 years I've been using mine, I returned my large bag once, never returned my 22" (except when they came out with features I liked better, I replaced it once). I'll bet as a freight dog our luggage takes far worse of a beating than Corp. or Mainline guys.... Just a thought
The Company that manufactures them for Kirkland is located in Irvine CA, Bag built in Philippines

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back