• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

looking to build

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im pretty decided on the 8....now just gotta scrape some money and resources up to get this thing ordered. Can other weight reductions be done with the 180hp to get the same performance of the 200hp? I guess the weight to horsepower ratio is what im looking for.

There are some engine builders that offer higher power versions of the lighter parallel-valve 360 engine. Some of those get pretty close to 200HP.

you should get a commission, ive found my powerplant. It is still gonna be a while so maybe they will work out all the kinks and make a bolt in installation for the RV-8. Im also looking to buy some land out here in the Arizona desert, about how much runway do all you vans guys typically need?

I saw Innodyne's Cub at Oshkosh. They are claiming something. like 9 gallons per hour.
I thought it looked coo. But some smarter folks diagreed with some of the facts.

The ultimate hotrod!!! The HR II
http://www.harmonrocket.com/
Harmon Rocket II Harmon Rocket III
Span 21 ft. 10 in.20 Ft.Length21 ft. 6 in.21 Ft. 6 in.Height5 ft. 7 in.5 Ft. 6 in.Wing Area109 sq. ft.99 sq. ft.Wheel Track6 ft. 6 in. Empty Weight1200 lbs.1080 lbsGross Weight2000 lbs.1800 lbsUseful Load800 lbs720 lbs.Power Loading5.9 lbs/hp.4.5 lbs/hp.Wing Loading16.4 lbs/sq. ft.18 lbs/sq.ft.Fuel Capacity42 gal.47 gal.Seats21PowerLYC. 10-540-C4B5/250 hp. 2575 rpm.LYC.10-540-400hp.
2900 rpm.
PropellerHartzel 80 in. dia.Hartzel 78 in.
3 Blade

Performance

Cruise Speed 75%230 mph.260 mphEcon. Cruise 55%215 mph.230 mphRedline275 mph.310 mphRate of Climb (gross)3100 fpm.3600 fpm.Stall55 mph.58 mph.

I saw Innodyne's Cub at Oshkosh. They are claiming something. like 9 gallons per hour.
I thought it looked coo. But some smarter folks diagreed with some of the facts.

Fuel burn is a little higher than what they originally advertised, but if you ask me for turbine reliablility, the sick TBO, and the ability to burn Jet A or Kerosene, it's worth it. IMO...

if the veggie oil works the cost of the turbine would pay for itself in very very little time, veggie oil costs something like 20 cents per gallon after its all said and done. 20 cents per gallon vs ~3 a gallon it does seem like a no brainer IF the veggie oil works, if not still seems like a good set up.

Latest resources

Back