• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

living the dream at your parents

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots are not the only people living at home. I know school teachers who still live at home, I have a friend that has a masters in economics and he still lives at home.

wmuflyguy said:
Pilots are not the only people living at home. I know school teachers who still live at home, I have a friend that has a masters in economics and he still lives at home.

Ah, man! You beat me to it!

My next door neighbor's daughter is living in their basement. She's a middle-school math teacher. Student loans and "normal" expenses are just too much unless she wants to live in a refrigerator box under an overpass somewhere.

Prices have gone up and wages have not. More of this same situation will become more and more common. With college costs rising, student loan interest rates rising, the average student graduates with 18-22k worth of student loan debt(some have credit card debt in 5k range also). That will only go up.

If you think just the airline industry is isolated from the rest of the world, you are mistaken. It's been my observation that what happens, or what is going to happen, starts first at the airlines. Look at Delphi, some $27.50 hr down to $9.50 hr, now that's a paycut.

Dooood, I sucked off the ta tas until I was 27. The only reason I moved out was because I started dating my now fiancee and we wanted a house together.

Everyone does what is best for them. Who cares where they live?

I imagine it would be difficult to get a girl to go home with you though, even if you conveniently drop the "Express", "Connection", or "Airlink" off the airline brand name you work for when you're hitting on her in the bar.

And if she does come home with you, imagine the look on her face when she sees the big picture of a United 777 over your racecar bed.

washout said:
Everyone does what is best for them. Who cares where they live?

I imagine it would be difficult to get a girl to go home with you though, even if you conveniently drop the "Express", "Connection", or "Airlink" off the airline brand name you work for when you're hitting on her in the bar.

And if she does come home with you, imagine the look on her face when she sees the big picture of a United 777 over your racecar bed.

Now thats funny...:)

Lived at home until 30 while @ Skyw maxing out my employee stock purchase. Three years later put the $60k I saved/made as a down and haven't moved since. Carlsbad is very nice this time of year...Wait - it's nice year round!!

Baja.

Latest resources

Back