• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Line Up and Wait" - Let's Hear it for Globalization

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The new taxi instructions are worse! "United 123 taxi to 15L a, d, l and hold short of 36" Holding short of 36 just happens to be the first thing there. It seems like an accident waiting to happen.

The "new" taxi policy certainly doesn't make things dangerous; it makes things safer. It puts emphasis on hold short portions of the clearance, and more specifically, it requires a dedicated clearance to cross, individually, for each point along the taxi route.

Actually, they speak English. That French is spoken to other french-speaking pilots isn't your concern. The controllers are required to be able to speak English and to communicate with you in English, and they do. Quite well. Beyond that it's really not your concern.

Actually it is my concern. I tend to listen to other pilots concerning weather and flight conditions. It's called CRM, look into it!

Then again, I should thank you as it's your type attitude that probably implemented CRM.:rolleyes:

...it's your type attitude that probably implemented CRM.:rolleyes:

Haha... True. Have I mentioned I LOVE single pilot?! I do prefer the old taxi clearances and have never had an issue with it.

What I don't like is when the you have intersecting runways and you are cleared to taxi to the active runway (per the ATIS) that will cross the 'inactive runway' yet as you taxi out you see someone land on the intersecting "inactive' runway (likely cause they wanted the straight-in). When you ask ATC to 'Verify we are cleared to cross XX' and they get some attitude about how you were cleared to Taxi to runway XY...

Always better to be safe than sorry but sometimes I think it would be simpler/safer to say you are never cleared to cross a runway without a clearance to do so. I am sure that would increase work-load on ATC and probably have its own drawbacks.

Actually it is my concern.

Ah, so it's you. The Ugly American. Where have you been hiding?

Newsflash; the world is bigger than your cockpit, and there are far more places on the gobe than the US.

That the French speak French in France isn't something that should offend you. It's not your country. It's theirs.

That the French speak English to you is a courtesy and a nod to international convention.

Too bad you're so inconvenienced by not understanding the French language. Perhaps when you're in France, you should speak French...then you wouldn't feel so handicapped. You might not have to make excuses, any more.
What I don't like is when the you have intersecting runways and you are cleared to taxi to the active runway (per the ATIS) that will cross the 'inactive runway' yet as you taxi out you see someone land on the intersecting "inactive' runway (likely cause they wanted the straight-in). When you ask ATC to 'Verify we are cleared to cross XX' and they get some attitude about how you were cleared to Taxi to runway XY...

This is why we have new taxi clearances...which eliminate that very problem.

Actually it is my concern. I tend to listen to other pilots concerning weather and flight conditions. It's called CRM, look into it!

Then again, I should thank you as it's your type attitude that probably implemented CRM.:rolleyes:

Burn baby burn!!! Nice. You said what many here were thinking.

I'm with you, Ncherches. I prefer the hold short at the end. That to me emphasizes what is important. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the new standard is that you *must* have specific clearance to crosss *any* runway, active or not. So basically just ask every time you reach a hold short line and then you can't screw it up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the new standard is that you *must* have specific clearance to crosss *any* runway, active or not.

It really is true that a broken clock can be right once or twice a day. How about that?

That the French speak English to you is a courtesy and a nod to international convention.

"Courtesy"? "Nod"?:rolleyes: Give me a break. I think the ICAO might send France a little memo if the French start thinking that using English is a mere "courtesy" or "nod".

In spite of all the inane drivel you produce of FI.com, I am sure that you're familiar with ICAO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back