Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
I have never liked having to say that. It sounds ridiculous. Maybe it is just me but our capitulation on this just smacks as another sign that the USA is fading...Why don't we tell ICAO and the JAA to stuff it in their ears?We convert licenses here fairly easily for them but they won't do it for us. Airbus' subsidies took down McDD and almost whacked Boeing. The list is long,Supposedly they are pushing us to abandon TERPS and "go Euro" on everything. Any way... Not sure why I even mention it...just seems "par for the course" in the USA these days...

I have never liked having to say that. It sounds ridiculous. Maybe it is just me but our capitulation on this just smacks as another sign that the USA is fading...Why don't we tell ICAO and the JAA to stuff it in their ears?We convert licenses here fairly easily for them but they won't do it for us. Airbus' subsidies took down McDD and almost whacked Boeing. The list is long,Supposedly they are pushing us to abandon TERPS and "go Euro" on everything. Any way... Not sure why I even mention it...just seems "par for the course" in the USA these days...

You've got to be kidding. Let's adopt a number of things from Europe. How about their flight and duty time rules? How about the ground lighting systems found in the UK?

"Line up and wait" is pretty damn low on the list of stuff to get one's knickers in a twist about...

"Line up and wait" is pretty damn low on the list of stuff to get one's knickers in a twist about...

With everything going on in the Aviation Industry right now, I have to agree with Boiler.

As far as I'm concerned, when in Rome, do as the Romans while flying internationally. After all, once you leave North America* ICAO rules the rest of the world.

* Including much of the Caribbean and Mexico.

Do you bitch about globalization and the death of American manufacturing while driving around in your Embraer that 'rules!'? :rolleyes:

Do you bitch about globalization and the death of American manufacturing while driving around in your Embraer that 'rules!'? :rolleyes:

Actually, yes, I do.

I have a lot of guilt over it at times. The Phenom is going to bury the Mustang and that means more Americans lose their jobs.

Cessna and Boeing and all the rest missed the boat. Now we have Canadians and Brazilians ruling the world instead of the good old USA.

A sign of the times. America is no longer #1 in everything...or perhaps ANYTHING. Sad.

Yes, but it is like the straw and the camel....

America acquiesces to EVERYONE these days.

As crappy as this industry has been the last two years.....now we can't even keep our own phraseology. Pretty soon we'll be speaking French on the radio.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back