Lear 35 flap malfunctions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skiddriver

Question for you Lear drivers. Any experience with flap failure to function in icing conditions? Had a contractor divert because of this and I haven't been able to find any similar incidents during our internal investigation. Flaps retracted fine after takeoff (deiced before taxi, some slush and snow on the taxiways on the way out). Flaps wouldn't extend during configuration at arrival, diverted to a longer runway for the no flap landing, and couldn't get the drag chute out either. Got the plane warmed up and everything worked as advertised. Comments?

skiddriver said:
Question for you Lear drivers. Any experience with flap failure to function in icing conditions? Had a contractor divert because of this and I haven't been able to find any similar incidents during our internal investigation. Flaps retracted fine after takeoff (deiced before taxi, some slush and snow on the taxiways on the way out). Flaps wouldn't extend during configuration at arrival, diverted to a longer runway for the no flap landing, and couldn't get the drag chute out either. Got the plane warmed up and everything worked as advertised. Comments?
It's been a few years since I last flew a Lear 35, but I've got 3,000 hours in them - a big chunk of that time in the "snow belt". Never had a problem with the flaps.

'Sled

I flew a lear for 3 years out of boston, and i never had that problem...the only problem i ever had with cold weather and snow was gear retraction/pressurization after takeoff.....Alot of time the snow would freeze the WOW switch and the gear wouldn't come up.

Latest resources

Back