• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm coming up on the end of my LOA and planning on staying at Blue also. Just don't think there is much to go back to... Would of bet a million dollars against it 7 years ago at the newhire dinner. Oh well. Good luck to all.

I would assume they sent out about 100-150 letters for the July 23rd class. Therefore, there are about 300-250 remaining. The people who said new hires by October are correct.

On the award post, what do the ML, LA, and LS mean?

I'm guessing mil leave, leave of absence, and ..............

Last edited:
I got my letter yesterday and turned down recall. 11/15/99 DOH. Good luck to those who return and good luck to those who move on. Either way, it's nice to finally have some closure.

this may be the wrong place to put this but I will see. Since things are looking like United will soon be hiring, for those of you that are currently there and have experiences there, what is it like? and is it as bad as everybody says...that United will be gone in 5 years or whatever limitation they want to put on it? I really want to get on with United, and I think these years of hiring comming up are my chance. I understand its not what it was, but I just want to make sure I dont step into some quicksand.

plnegoofy,

I guess this is why I limit myself to this site so limited, as it is amazing that there are many out there that want to get on here but ask questions likes yours......

I would like to learn what is so bad that you hear about UAL other than the same old gossip out there for so long......

I guess it is all realative...to me I am happy doing a job that I love and flying equipment that I am happy with and going to destinations I want to layover at.

I speak with several of my good friends that work in the military to other majors...And, I guess things are not as great as they once were here at UAL but we are definately a carrier that will hopefully raise the bar if operating in the black occurs......Times are challenging for everyone and it always will be...it is never been a secret that UAL wants to merge, so I am not sure what exactly you care to know....If you think this is quicksand then you might want to rethink your career goals....I have heard that from guys that have worked here 20 years and just think WTF....another guy saying the sky is falling...

Latest resources

Back