Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BigRed1,

Great information, thanks for sharing and taking the time to reply. I just hope that some of the furloughees that are returning in the coming months will take the time to post what is happening with UAL...

Got a call from Bob Neal Thur. night. A320 out of IAD for me. I bid every fleet out of ORD as my first choice. I'm close to the bottom in the 2/26 class.

Hopefully a lateral back to ORD won't be too far off...

W8N for another 8 days
DOH 07/09/01

W8N,
what's your seniority number? Do you know what the assignment block looked like for the entire 2/26 class?

Puppy

What is the prime issue at JB that makes it unpleasant? Is it something you think will be better at UAL?
This is not flamebait: I just don't follow what goes on at JB, and am curious.

Huggyu2 and Varig-

In addition to the reasons stated on my previous post, I would like to add the Valentine's Day Massacre to my list of reasons as to why I am not liking working for JB right now.

Crew services has no idea where ANY crew is located. Some pilots are taking it upon themselves to round up a crew and fly a flight, further screwing up efforts by CrewServices to locate and schedule crews. Management has canceled ALL E190 flying for Sat/Sun/Mon because it was easier to stop the entire operation than to figure out where people and planes were (even though crews and airplanes are available). So many other things have happened over the last 5 days that make it embarrassing to be employed by JB.

I've been through other storms with United and it seemed like they were back on their feet within a couple of days. Here we are on V-Day + 5 and they still haven't figured it out.

W8N,
what's your seniority number? Do you know what the assignment block looked like for the entire 2/26 class?

Puppy

I don't know my seniority number. I have never referenced it. I know there are only 12 people on the property junior to me if that helps. I don't know how many of them will join me on 2/26 and I don't know the rest of the assignment block. Sorry...I was more interested in confirming BP-3's for the commute (furoughed from ORD) and figuring out where I was supposed to be when next week.

W8N

W8N,
I checked the July 06 Seniority List on the UAL MEC website...your number is between 8640-8646. Hard to believe ORD was too hard to get from the recall bid....guess IAD is going more junior now.

Huggyu2 and Varig-

In addition to the reasons stated on my previous post, I would like to add the Valentine's Day Massacre to my list of reasons as to why I am not liking working for JB right now.

Crew services has no idea where ANY crew is located. Some pilots are taking it upon themselves to round up a crew and fly a flight, further screwing up efforts by CrewServices to locate and schedule crews. Management has canceled ALL E190 flying for Sat/Sun/Mon because it was easier to stop the entire operation than to figure out where people and planes were (even though crews and airplanes are available). So many other things have happened over the last 5 days that make it embarrassing to be employed by JB.

I've been through other storms with United and it seemed like they were back on their feet within a couple of days. Here we are on V-Day + 5 and they still haven't figured it out.

Wow, I didn't know things could get that messy in the states. I have gone through that down here lately and it has not been fun. One of the reasons why I want to leave is because of that and flying here after the accident has been nuts for passengers and crew members.

I don't know my seniority number. I have never referenced it. I know there are only 12 people on the property junior to me if that helps. I don't know how many of them will join me on 2/26 and I don't know the rest of the assignment block. Sorry...I was more interested in confirming BP-3's for the commute (furoughed from ORD) and figuring out where I was supposed to be when next week.

W8N

Hey I think ur 8643. I am exactly 100 off the bottom and I am 8555, so if my math is ok, I think that's right....

Latest resources

Back