Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
return or resign.

Looks like they are working there way up the list and those enjoying bypass have to make the decision to either return or resign. Good luck to those having to make this difficult decision and hopefully we will be taking applications for vacancies in the next six month or so.

Dear ___________:

We are pleased to announce that we have reached the point where we have less than 100 pilots remaining who have not been offered recall.

In accordance with the “Furlough Recall Bypass” Letter of Agreement 04-07 Paragraph 4, we are notifying you that your bypass rights will likely be expiring soon. Per the ALPA agreement, “A pilot has bypass rights until he is offered recall and there is no pilot junior to him, including pilots who have previously elected to be bypassed, on the list of pilots eligible for recall.” Once your bypass rights have expired, you must accept recall or the provisions of Section 7-D will apply and you will forfeit all seniority.

We have announced our intention to recall over 300 pilots in 2007. The process has begun as we now are filling early 2007 recall classes. Past response rates show us that the most junior pilot on the seniority list will be offered a Feb 2007 recall. After the most junior pilot has been offered recall, we will begin to offer recall to pilots who previously elected to bypass. These offers will be made in inverse seniority order until every pilot who previously bypassed has been offered their final recall. There are currently just over 850 pilots on the bypass list.

Be advised that if you do not accept recall after your right to bypass has expired, you will be removed from the United Pilots Seniority List and you will have no further right to your current employment with United as a pilot.

Your relative seniority on the bypass list and the acceptance rate of those pilots junior to you, will determine how long it will take to reach you with a final recall offer. Updated recall information will continue to be provided on Skynet Lite at http://united.intranet.ual.com/skynetlite

If you wish to remove yourself from the bypass list and accept recall at an earlier date or if you need to update your contact information, you may do so by calling me at 847-700-9502, sending an email to [email protected], or sending a letter to:

Postal Address: FedEx Address:
Recall Coordinator Recall Coordinator
United Airlines – WHQFO United Airlines – WHQFO
P.O. Box 66100 1200 E. Algonquin Rd.
Chicago, IL 60666 Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Also, please feel free to call or send me an email if you have any questions regarding your status on the recall list or on the recall process.

Robert W. Neil
Recall Coordinator

3 month loa approved. You can call and request to come back sooner if you want to. If you call Mr. Neil, my experience was great--picked up phone right away and didn't have to leave message or chase anyone down. If you got a LOA, you should get a letter around your original recall class date with info on what aircraft/base you were awarded. That letter should advise that you will also receive a future letter about training class availability close to your loa return date. Good luck!

Got a call from Bob Jordan today offering recall for the Feb 26 class. He said that class would bottom out the list, which would include the 12 people junior to me who never made it to IOE but were terminated with a recall right. DOH 07/09/01

Knowing the risks, I intend to accept the recall offer. See you all there...

W8N

Got a call from Bob Jordan today offering recall for the Feb 26 class. He said that class would bottom out the list, which would include the 12 people junior to me who never made it to IOE but were terminated with a recall right. DOH 07/09/01

Knowing the risks, I intend to accept the recall offer. See you all there...

W8N

Thanks for the update. It'll be interesting to see how fast they burn through the list on the second pass. I'm thinking that it'll go rather quickly.
My guess is that they burn through the entire recall list before the 4th of July.

Have any of the pilots recalled to the Jan 22 or Feb 5 classes received notification of their aircraft and domicile assignments yet? I'm in the Feb 5 class and am wondering when do we get notified what we've been recalled to fly and where we'll be based. If you can shed some light on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

Have any of the pilots recalled to the Jan 22 or Feb 5 classes received notification of their aircraft and domicile assignments yet? I'm in the Feb 5 class and am wondering when do we get notified what we've been recalled to fly and where we'll be based. If you can shed some light on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

Gordo I'm in the 22nd class...do not know yet. Grizz

When I talked to Mr. Neil yesterday, he said he would likely have that in a 'couple of weeks' and if I didn't want to wait to see what the letter says, I could call him and ask.

Anyone have regrets about returning? I'm in the 22 Jan class leaving a solid job that involves commuting...a long one at that. Somewhat struggling with the decision.

Grizz

Anyone have regrets about returning? I'm in the 22 Jan class leaving a solid job that involves commuting...a long one at that. Somewhat struggling with the decision.

Grizz

Same boat here. Current job is great (flying) .... and home every day. Pay and benefits at UAL (over the long term) would be much better; particularly the 15% 401K. I don't want to move. I think the deciding point will be if I'm willing to return to a commuter lifestyle... crash pad, jumpseating to/from work, away from home half the month....

...still undecided

Money vs QOL: sounds to me like you already know which path you will be happiest in. Best of luck in your upcoming choice.

Latest resources

Back