• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard the Jan and Feb classes will be split with about 50% 757/767. Any truth to the rumor. And, related to that, I wonder if when they start hiring, if the 3 year freeze might get reduced?!
First Jan class - 20 with a 320/737 split.
22 Jan class - increased from 20 to 30. Even split of 767/320/737.
Future classes - Were supposed to be 20; we'll see. Likely heavy weighting with 767s.

Freeze - I wondered the same thing. Not unless ALPA forces the company to reduce the freeze by not allowing any newhires to go to international 767s. I'm not counting on any freeze reductions.
I'll be in the 22 Jan class, immediately going on mil leave. I deferred from the 25 Sep class. I was told a few weeks ago (before it went to 30) that I was #3 in the class. I'm probably around 8 or 9. I'll take a 767 on paper; no loss for anyone actually attending class.

For those keeping count, the 5 Feb class is the one that is currently being called. There are now less than 50 pilots who have not yet been offered recall. Expect the 5 Feb or second Feb class to be the bottom of the recall list.
We'll have to see how many accept recall on the last chance. No matter, I'll stick with my guess that United will see newhire classes fall 07.

I've heard the Jan and Feb classes will be split with about 50% 757/767. Any truth to the rumor. And, related to that, I wonder if when they start hiring, if the 3 year freeze might get reduced?!

Puppy, where are you flying contract ops...if you can say? I'm flying with the Army down in Bogota and we see a TON of various contract flying going on. Interesting place to say the least.

Hyflyt560,
I'm at Tyndall AFB, flying MU-2s in support of Air Battle Manager schoolhouse (Weapons controllers). We fly 2v2 intercepts, with GCI help from student weapons controllers. Group of retired fighter pilots having fun.
Puppy

Hyflyt560,
I'm at Tyndall AFB, flying MU-2s in support of Air Battle Manager schoolhouse (Weapons controllers). We fly 2v2 intercepts, with GCI help from student weapons controllers. Group of retired fighter pilots having fun.
Puppy

Man, I wish I would have "scored higher on the test!" You guys (AF, Navy, USMC) have all the fun...and the cool call signs and special terms. What do I get? PAT 123 is about it in the call-sign department. At least in the fixed wing world we're not wearing the 2-piece, cammo flight suit...yet.

John

PS Despite the joking, glad to be serving in the Army.

Received recall via Fed Ex for 2/5/07. I am a 3/12/01 hire... believe it or not, still deciding! :)

With a March 12, 2001 DOH, that only leaves around 100 numbers left to the bottom of the list. They'll be going back up by the February or March classes.

Last edited:
Does the 8655 include the guys that were terminated with recall rights? There were a group of guys that had not finished at TK or had not finished OE.

Guppy
2/5 recall class; LOA

I don't know, but #8655 on the ALPA list was hired 6 August 01. In fact, there are 9 pilots on the list with a 6 Aug date. Since they are on the list, they are good to go. The class prior to them was July 9. I don't think there was a Sept class that actually showed up, so I would guess that this includes everyone.
I seem to remember that at UAL, it didn't matter if you had finished TK or OE. At AAL, however, I heard that it DID matter. Although I believe AAL said they would offer employment to these guys irrespective of their policy.

Latest resources

Back