Latest on the Sovereign for NetJets and CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Griz said:
I'm betting that we're gonna be here and that we're going to have some new folks on our seniority list. Should be an interesting ride.

:eek: hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Super Mid Size Comparsion

I have flown on the G200 as an upgrade .. beautiful plane from an owner's comfort perspective (can't speak about the pilot's). Been on the FlexJet Challenger 300 with a friend ... no comparison and 1 passenger less. Sovereign is just a cross between the Excel and X. Can not speak of the Horizon. Out of this group, I think the G200 wins hands down. If reliabilty is an issue, NJA delivers a Falcon 2000 or G-IV. CS can only "down grade" you if there are availablity or performance issues.

Just my 2 cents.

Fly safe.

The first time I climbed on the Sovereign it reminded me of the Citation X, only a little more cramped. I don't think NJA would be hurting very much if they pass on the deliveries of these airplanes. The X is much faster and can do basically the same thing give or take a little runway length. I am willing to bet NJA won't see this airplane for reasons previously stated. Anyone want to bet on whether the Horizon will return again? I'm still trying to figure out why NJA had a challenger at a static demo about 8 months ago. Flame suit doned, bring on the gas.

Performance

Between the G200 and CL300, I think the CL300 performance puts the G200 to shame. Not that the G200 isn't a nice plane, but try getting the G200 to fly out of Hilton Head (4200 ft) and go anywhere....(3+ Hours in the CL300 @ .83M).

Citation Sovereign cabin:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Height: 5.8 ft (1.73 m)
Width: 5.7 ft (1.70 m)
Length: 29.9 ft (9.07 m)

Challenger 300 cabin:
Height: 6'1" (1.85 m)
Width: 7'2" (2.19 m)
Length: 28'7" (8.72 m)

G200 Cabin:
Height: 6.25'
Width: 7.2'
Length: 24.5'
[/font]

Look deeper at statistics

Flexlrpilot

Look at little deeper -- according the the FlexJet website, the 28' cabin in the 300 includes the lavatory, galley and walk in baggage areas. That really doesn't count toward passenger comfort.

Seating areas is -- G200 = 22 feet +/-, Sovereign = 20 feet +/-, 300 probably 19/20 +/- (Flex does not publish this number).

Having been in both cabins, I think the NJA G200 cabin is roomer and superior to the Flex 300. I can't speak for the Sovereign, but I have spent many hours in Excel and X which are similar tubes (just different lengths), and they do not compare favorably to either the G200 or Challenger 300.

NJA"owner",

Conceded, the roughly 4' advantage that the CL30 enjoys is attributable to the fact that the baggage compartment of the CL30 is accessible from the cabin, vice the G200. This is considered an advantage, both from the crewmember's and the owner/passenger's perspective.

An inch here or an inch there... Pleasant psycho-spatial architecure is very subjective. Performance numbers, however, are not.

Last edited:
flexlr"pilot"357

point conceded. You know the peformance numbers much better than me. This just started as a comparison not a battle and I weighed in my 2 cents from sitting in the back, not flying them. As with most things in life, there is compromise, and in the case of these jets comfort vs. performance.

Fly safe.

NJA"owner",

I'm curious, was the CL 30 cabin too short for you (the difference is a whopping 2"), or not quite wide enough (the difference is 0.4")? I'm wondering which aspect of your formidable physique rendered the airplane uncomfortable. I could pass the feedback on to the engineers. Was the door wide enough?

I know you are entitled to your opinion, it's just that Southern Air may still operate L-382s, and that may be the best option for you. You could really stretch out.

its funny, Im on the Hawker 1000 and all the bags are accessible to the pax but only 1 pax out of 3 years of pax has ever needed to get in the bags....

just a thought.

David

Latest resources

Back