Latest on the Sovereign for NetJets and CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I have heard from a few Netjets friends that there is concern about whether Netjets will actually take delivery of the Sovereign given CS and its Sovereign delivery schedule. I guess Santulli is still miffed about CS taking on Sovereigns at the same time. You don't think Santulli would CANCEL the entire order do you? I doubt it because Netjets needs an aircraft like the Sovereign with its capabilities. NetJets passed on the the Hawker Horizon...

What have you guys heard about the Sovereign situation at Netjets - everything still running to plan? How many will CS get and will CS indeed get them at around the same time? Looks like a nice ride...

lol...i dont know how he can be miffed when the first word in CS is Citation. did he really think that CS wouldnt use em just because he wants em???

biting the hand that feeds you.

One of the biggest customers? THE biggest customer. What might be good for CS might not be good for Cessna. Doesn't seem like smart business to me. It's already cost them a big time order, they seem a glutton for punishment.

Yeah, right. Another belly laugh from the fracs board. Biting the hand that feeds you.....glutton for punishment. Hee Hawwwwwww....

CS is rolling merrily along, while Nut Jets implodes from the inside out. I'm sure that Cessna AND CS could really care less about NJA and the Sovereign. This is quite obvious by Cessna's decision....DUH......:rolleyes:

i see your point griz, but when the two companies (the supplier and the competition) are so irrevocably linked, it seems obvious where the loyalty is going to fall ;)

When are the Sovereigns expected to arrive for both Netjets and CS? Any idea about estimated delivery dates? Any pilots already in training?

Griz said:
Once they made it obvious they weren't going to honor that by offering Sovereigns through CS, the NetJets CJ3 order went away in favor of the 400XP.
So he canceled an order with Cessna to go with Raytheon, whom once owned RTA and now owns RTA2(AKA Flight Options)? I guess he needs to cancel all orders with Cessna and Raytheon. Of course, we all know he doesn't have anything to do with Bombardier...so I guess Dassault, Gulfstream, and Boeing are left. Since you guys don't add BBJ's at a fast rate(the market just won't bear it at the present time), I guess NJA will soon be all Falcon 2000's...and NJI will get all the G's, eh?

trying to guess where we will get airplanes from is crazy. I never thought we would get Beechjets, but we did....and I'm SURE we got a hell of a deal on them and the maintenance program. I'm also sure RTS does and says stuff to influence the manafacturers to compete with one another....Horizon vs. Sovereign or whatever....Bombardier???? Its all about low purchase price vs. high retail.

David

That Sovereign looks like a great airplane. Gotta like the computer cursors on the Primus Epic flight deck... I am sure it is going to be a hit with passengers too given its long cabin and equally long legs (transcon capability). I think Netjets would make a big mistake if it passed up on this airplane - CS would benefit big time... CS would have the Sovereign, Flexjet would have the Challenger 300 and Flight Options would have the Horizon - all likely to be great airplanes... Not sure how the G200 would measure up against those alternatives - although it does have a wide cabin.

Latest resources

Back