• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lasik eye surgery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had the surgery done nearly 7 years ago- no regrets. I had mine done through Paul Galinetine, in Charlotte, NC. He was recommended by my opthamologist, whom is also a pilot. I am seeing 20/20 out of my left eye and 20/15 out of my right eye. It's pretty impressive seeing as how they have the new updated wavefront lasik. I'd recommend it to anyone as long as they pay good money and don't do the whole "mom and pop" thing for 299 an eye.

For those that have had it done how quickly were you back to work flying? I am getting a ton of different reports.

For those that have had it done how quickly were you back to work flying? I am getting a ton of different reports.

Basically I just went and did a new medical and the AME did all the other paperwork. The Dr. in Windsor Canada(basically a burb of Detroit) had been a pioneer and around for 13+ years. 15k-20k surgeries now maybe more. I went there because they offered custom Lasik before it was approved in the states. Plus there you get lifetime enhancements if needed. So in 10 years if you need a little adjustment, you get it for free. The place I looked in the states was just 6 months free adjustments.

Like someone else did say, if your trying to get on as a contract crew with JAL, ANA or some foreign carrier, this is not approved. So check with that country before doing it.

I was nervous as hell like you probably are, but don't regret it a bit!
good luck LOA

Thanks yes I am nervous but think I am going to do it. I have no intention of flying for a foreign carrier, as I work for NetJets now and am furloughed Delta. I have had enough job jumping. Thanks so much for all your help!

I was led to believe that you must get each eye done separately with a six-month interval in between. Regardless, as in any surgery, there is still a risk.

Latest resources

Back