King of the Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BentOver

Apparently when you don't want to be recalled, as President, you can just change the recall process. All you need is a majority of your friends in office.

Forget about the item by item bylaw concerning how the actual recall process was supposed to work. Or that the total number of petitions needed was reached. Forget that the recall initiative was followed. Also forget that there will be no membership input.

Here's how I see it..... They're in an office, "how can we stop this?"

"I know, lets just change the Bylaws. Lets change them so it requires a majority of the Executive Board to allow a recall.? "How many voting members? 9?"

"That's easy, we have 5 right here. Bylaw passed. Now let's vote on if this recall should proceed. All in favor......"

Where are you getting this info?

To be recalled there has to be Charges against someone. So far we have not heard of the charges against this person being recalled.

The group of 4 will simply not talk about the charges. They just want such person removed from office. The recall 4 have not presented there case at all.

This brings us down to the facts. If there is no Charges against this person there absolutely cannot be a recall of this person.

The charges were explained. They have to do with a certain event in Omaha..

Whether your for or against the recall, it is disturbing how the Executive Board just arbitrarily changed the Bylaws. I'd have atleast liked to see it have gone to the membership for a vote.

Thanks for proving that there were no charges.

Omaha is not a reason to recall anyone. No one said WE ARE going to Omaha period. That never happened.

and there goes any charge against this person

This had nothing to do with Omaha.

The charges were explained. They have to do with a certain event in Omaha..

Whether your for or against the recall, it is disturbing how the Executive Board just arbitrarily changed the Bylaws. I'd have atleast liked to see it have gone to the membership for a vote.
The EBoard changes the bylaws when they see fit. Remember the complaining about furloughee message board access and the response that "it's in the bylaws"? No matter what they said, the bylaws could have been changed as they saw fit. Probably were but I don't have the inclination to go back and look.

In that case, they saw fit to take their attorney's advice to lock us out of it for fear we'd say something that could be used against NJASAP in the event they got sued over an illegal job action.

No matter if you were in favor of his recall or not.. ( I was, a bull in a China shop comes to mind when I hear of how he conducted business)..

The way they change bylaws to suite them is alarming... And OPEC is right about the message board access. Then again S.T. let the cat of the bag on why we were really barred. Of course it wasn't a real suprise.

The message says, "NJASAP will host a picketing event in Omaha."

You said, "No one said WE ARE going to Omaha period. That never happened."

How are you coming to that conclusion? They did say it. The fact that it was canceled doesn't change that.

Latest resources

Back