Kansas City Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
757BBJ_Capt said:
DirectJets Services (Pt. 135) uses CFIs (no joke) in the rightseat of their CL60 and does not send them to formal training of any kind (3 bounces with the CP who is a ego driven stick hog

Here is a good laugh for you:

Copied from the Direct Jet Services web site...

At Direct Jet Services, you'll find safety standards second to none. Meeting - and exceeding - those used by commercial airliners, our pilot training and aircraft maintenance programs have been designed to enhance your safety.

Your Direct Jet Services flight crew brings more than 5,000 hours of flight experience as well as Airline Transport Pilot certifications and First Class Medicals. In addition, each member of your flight crew is a qualified instructor and receives regular ongoing training.

I think a used car salesman is more honest than this operator. I still can't believe that the local FSDO allows in-house training for Part 135, let alone, the insurance company writing a policy on this operation. I hope I won't be seeing this CL-600 on CNN Breaking News anytime soon.

757BBJ_Capt said:
. Exec Beech is OK as well, but not a career place. .

I believe that I once flew ( a long time ago) with the Exec Beech DO.
"The Beez". Is he still there?

enigma

enigma said:
I believe that I once flew ( a long time ago) with the Exec Beech DO.
"The Beez". Is he still there?

There is a Captain there whose last name rhymes with Beez, but he is not the DO. Both the DO and CP are young guys.

I heard that Commerce Bank is looking for a pilot. Found this out while in Springfield MO a couple of weeks ago.

757BBJ_Capt (or anyone else who wants to throw in their $0.02 worth),

What are your thoughts on Russell Stover, aside for they need to paint that Falcon....uugh! :D

Who is Vantile? Never heard of them before. And is American Century AKA KC Life Insurance flying the F2TH?

And what about the fate of the Sprint department with regards to the Nextel merger? Are they going to pick up and move to IAD, or stay put?

I've been trying to crack that KC nut (among others) for about 3 years now with no luck. :mad:

If you get hired by Commerce, do you have to say "9-1-1 Charlie Brown"?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Brett Hull said:

Who is Vantile? Never heard of them before. I believe it is the flight department of a large auto dealer...they have a Citation X.

And is American Century AKA KC Life Insurance flying the F2TH? Nope. Two different companies. American Century Investors have a Global Express and a Citation Bravo (I think). KC Life Insurance has the 2000.

And what about the fate of the Sprint department with regards to the Nextel merger? Are they going to pick up and move to IAD, or stay put? I have a feeling Mr Oatis doesn't even know the answer to that one.

I've been trying to crack that KC nut (among others) for about 3 years now with no luck. :mad: Join in on the long line. There are lots of Vanguard and TWA guys, among others still looking for work.

If you get hired by Commerce, do you have to say "9-1-1 Charlie Brown"? Hey, if it involves bankers hours, why not?

Brett Hull said:

What are your thoughts on Russell Stover, aside for they need to paint that Falcon....uugh! :D

Russell Stover's problem is pay. I don't think those guys are starving over there, but they are not up to industry standard. DA50 Capt not making 65K. They also have a LR31 (same paint scheme), and I don't know how the pay schedules work out, but the $ is just not what is should be. I will say this though; their CP is brutally honest. Walk into his office, and he won't tell you what you want to hear, he just tells you the truth, and make no bones about it. Honesty in this profession is a welcome sight. He is a good guy, but be prepared for him to tell you that he's not going to hire you.

Who is Vantile? Never heard of them before. Vantile is a car dealership. (ie Van Chevorelet) The have dealerships in KC, Dallas, SDL, and maybe other places. They have a C750 and hs125 (700A). This is the father. The son lives in AZ and and he operates a C750 and a Lr55 or Lr60. The operations are 2 seperate deals. They use to give pilots a company car instead of a raise, but I dont know if that is the case. They just fired their CP about a year ago, and I dont know much about the new guy except he flew a lear for the NCAA and a C750 and C650 for a now defunct flight department out of Topeka, KS. Think his name is Jeff.

And is American Century AKA KC Life Insurance flying the F2TH? No, they are 2 different companies. KC life does have a new Falcon 2000. I am glad you brought that up. KC Life is also a 1st class operation. CP is a stud. He has been CP since he was in his 20s and that was in the late 70s. He had a T/R deploy in flight in a BJ (Spoilerons!) and could not get it stowed. That was years ago. He has also had a engine failure on climbout in a Hs125. Their MX is good, just some bad luck. American Century has a Global and Citation Bravo last time I heard. Things might have changed. CP over there was the delivery pilot for the B2 bombers. If you don't have military aviation background, don't waste paper sending a resume. Owner's rule (because you've been upside down) Just what I have been told.

And what about the fate of the Sprint department with regards to the Nextel merger? Are they going to pick up and move to IAD, or stay put?

I have no idea. That place was such a mess, they need change, but someone on here said it's getting squared away, so who knows. I would think Nextel has their own planes, and the new company will be based at IAD for the 1st year or 2, and the planes are usually where the execs are, so I would imagine change is about to show its face over at sprint soon.

I've been trying to crack that KC nut (among others) for about 3 years now with no luck. :mad: You have to remember, there have been some major flight department closings in KC, and with TWA going under, there are lots of out of work pilots in KC looking. Good luck with finding something.

If you get hired by Commerce, do you have to say "9-1-1 Charlie Brown"?
Nope, it's Niner one one. That was the address of the 1st commerce bank, thus the tail #.

Thanks for your input!

Good luck

KC Area

Just to sum up some of the posts:

The word on the street is that Commerce Bank has an opening. Small operation, not really anything bad to say about them.

Waddell and Reed may be looking soon for a Hawker guy.

Don't bother sending a resume to American Century there are no openings.

Sprint my have an opening since they are adding a GIV and I think they are getting back on track.

Van Tyle: The CP job was passed on by two local KC guys for good reason. They had to go out of town to find someone. Draw your own conclusions.

I heard there may be some movement at RS but not really sure.

As for Beez at EB: I think he was the DO or CP until he got canned. He is back to being a line pilot.

You need to know on doors.

Good luck everyone.

Latest resources

Back