Kansas City Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TT7744 said:
Thank you all for your responses, you have been helpful.

That's a big ditto! :D

You guys are great help!

I see in my future......a trip on Southwest and some raw knuckles.

psysicx said:
Also Jetride has a Challenger based in KC.

For whatever it is worth.....Jetride doesn't have a Challenger in KC. The President of NAIT/VCW owns a Challenger and after spending 2 years trying to operate their own Part 135 certificate, they elected to operate on the Jetride/Airnet certificate. Probably the failure of that Part 135 certificate was due to the former Chief Pilot who now operates another Challenger at MKC previously discussed on this thread.

There is no probably about it; that is exactly what happened. He now flies a Challenger for some Menonites that live somewhere in Indiana, but he told them there was a huge charter market in KC, so the airplane stays in KC, where he is. I've never heard of such a thing. A good friend of mine worked for the CL60 owner that now uses Jetride, and he said to stay away from that place, no matter how hard up you are. Just ask how many pilots she has gone through in the past 4 years. It'll take more than 2 hands to count them all. As for the snake oil salesman, he could not get a job with a local company in KC to save his life. Blacklisted. You will know if you ever meet him, as he will let you know in short order all of the type ratings he holds within 2 minutes of meeting him. I met him once, and I am not usually the kind to talk about myself, but I could only bite my lip for so long before I had to start listing mine as well. He shut his flap pretty quick, as I was forced to do this in front of his kid. Sorry about clowning your dad in front of you Little Billy, but he had it coming. I swear, you can't make this stuff up.
PseudoName said:
For whatever it is worth.....Jetride doesn't have a Challenger in KC. The President of NAIT/VCW owns a Challenger and after spending 2 years trying to operate their own Part 135 certificate, they elected to operate on the Jetride/Airnet certificate. Probably the failure of that Part 135 certificate was due to the former Chief Pilot who now operates another Challenger at MKC previously discussed on this thread.

I didn't know that.I was just looking at there website.Plus someone on here had a chance to fly it when they just got it .Hopefully the owner doesn't use it as much as they charter.

Latest resources

Back