Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"v"

Gday all,

Can anyone shed some light on where folks (who choose to leave) kalitta air go? Atlas? Fedex? UPS?

Anywhere in particular?

Thanks in advance folks!

V

Gday all,

Can anyone shed some light on where folks (who choose to leave) kalitta air go? Atlas? Fedex? UPS?

Anywhere in particular?

Thanks in advance folks!

V
Some, have not hired in 7 yrs? furloughing, Not really anywhere.

People come and people go. I wouldn't say that there is any more turnover than at any of our peer carriers.
As far as Kalitta Air being a stepping stone, well, you pays your money and you takes your chances. If someone thinks another airline will provide greater opportunity, by all means they should go for it. Even if it doesn't, don't stick around if you aren't happy!

Remember this: The grass may be greener on the other side, but you're still going to have to mow it!

Thanks for all the replies! I have an open mind about where this career leads, sure i have a place that i have my sights set on but i am not discounting settling in somewhere on the way if life is good.

I spoke to hr the other day before i submitted my app. I was told they were hiring fo's, any guesses to what would be competitive right now?

Thanks for all the replies! I have an open mind about where this career leads, sure i have a place that i have my sights set on but i am not discounting settling in somewhere on the way if life is good.

I spoke to hr the other day before i submitted my app. I was told they were hiring fo's, any guesses to what would be competitive right now?

With Comair reducing there fleet size by some 49 AC and probably 250 plus pilots you may want to start choosing rather rapidly.

Anywhere in particular?

Now WHY on earth would anyone want to leave CKS? :D

YO One with!
This is realistic!, but I've been at Willow run for 25 years. I've seen the good, the bad, and the UGLY. This place ain't so bad, if you don't have to have every minute of every day planned in advance. We see some cool places, fly to very interesting places!. We are challenged all the time. If you need your hand held, this may not be the place for you. I can gaurantee you that, if come here for a few years, the rest of your carreer will most likely, seem mundane.

YO One with!
This is realistic!, but I've been at Willow run for 25 years. I've seen the good, the bad, and the UGLY. This place ain't so bad, if you don't have to have every minute of every day planned in advance. We see some cool places, fly to very interesting places!. We are challenged all the time. If you need your hand held, this may not be the place for you. I can gaurantee you that, if come here for a few years, the rest of your carreer will most likely, seem mundane.
YIP forever YIP is what you make of it, for a native Michigander who has lived all over the US I kinda like it. No hurricanes, no floods, a couple tornadoes once in while, and ice and snow. However, in Michigan ice and snow is not really a big deal like it is down south, they are equipped to handle it. The season change is something you really enjoy, unlike living in FL. where you go Ho Hum another beautiful day, so what. In Michigan, people call in sick on beautiful days. Flying out of YIP will make you one of the best instrument pilots in the country, YIP ranks up with SEA for the number of IFR days. In YIP you will learn the real meaning of clean airplane, deicing is a way of life you get really good at understanding holdover time. At YIP you will develop flying skills that allow you move onto your career destination, even if you do not care for the area like some guys. It gives them the resume fluff to move to their next job. We all pay our dues in some way; YIP is only one way. So some other people must have found YIP is an all right place to spend some time. How many major airports are there in the country where you can live 10 minutes from the parking lot on an acre of land for less than 100K? Where else can you still get one dollar fifty drafts at places like the Wedge? As I said at the start YIP is what you make of it, some people say it is OK, others do not like it here and do not apply. Simple choices.

Latest resources

Back