Kalitta Air TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

From other posts I've read-I'm not at Kalitta...

Hiring now, one post said needs 70 crews-buying 747-400s.

2 years now, but who knows later

Some tours you fly all the time, sometimes you have several days downtime-often in Hong Kong.

cliff
DAL

PS-Can you live overseas and be home based there???

From other posts I've read-I'm not at Kalitta...

Hiring now, one post said needs 70 crews-buying 747-400s.

2 years now, but who knows later

Some tours you fly all the time, sometimes you have several days downtime-often in Hong Kong.

PS-Can you live overseas and be home based there???
We have several pilots who live overseas - Bangkok, Scotland and Europe. The company doesn't buy them a ticket to the US, so the pilots have to get to a place we fly out of, then either deadhead to the US or more often than not, they pick up a trip in Hong Kong or Europe and start flying.

Here is the wording from the contract:

The Company shall provide all transportation from a Crewmember’s
Resident Airport to the Crewmember’s duty assignment and returning
the Crewmember to his Resident Airport. Company provided
transportation for this purpose will be limited to/from the
Crewmember’s Resident Airport located within the forty-eight (48)
contiguous states, Anchorage, Alaska (PANC) and Honolulu Hawaii
(PHNL).

Does someone have a better schedule in their market?

Tradewinds have some kind of 2 weeks ON, 2 weeks OFF system.

It only works part-time, depending on which manager forgot the verbal promise this month.

A bit of bitching will bring the system back to 2/2, then they will try again....:rolleyes:

Congrats on the Connie Contract: I bet that took a lot of hard work and focused dedication on a few key-players.

(We are trying the same with over here, but it is like herding a flock of cats: No agree, all confused and most running around with no balls.)

Could you Kalitta guys give us an update on the following:

- During your 17 day stretch, how much flying, how much sitting? How often do you get stuck for 3-4 days somewhere ? Some of that is fun, too much can really suck...

- How many maintenance delays are messing up schedules ? It sounds like that has not been a problem for a while.

- How many flight hours do you end up flying in your 17 days ? With the new hard credit per day, how many credit hour do you expect normal lines to be?

- How many layovers stateside (New York or LA) ?

TIA -

GZ

The most important question I would have to ask is can one to party like a rockstar while out overseas or must one remain sober while sitting. :beer:

Lets all get our priorities straight here.

Ref

The most important question I would have to ask is can one to party like a rockstar while out overseas or must one remain sober while sitting. :beer:

Lets all get our priorities straight here.

Ref

Plenty of days on some layovers to have a great time. I have had a few 5 day layovers in Hong Kong. Couple that with the fact that there are several other crew members there and you have a recipe for some good times.:beer:

Could you Kalitta guys give us an update on the following:

- During your 17 day stretch, how much flying, how much sitting? How often do you get stuck for 3-4 days somewhere ? Some of that is fun, too much can really suck...

- How many maintenance delays are messing up schedules ? It sounds like that has not been a problem for a while.

- How many flight hours do you end up flying in your 17 days ? With the new hard credit per day, how many credit hour do you expect normal lines to be?

- How many layovers stateside (New York or LA) ?

TIA -

GZ

You bid on lines of known flying. When you head out from home to start your line, you never know if your actually going to do what you were awarded.

This goes hand and hand with your second question. If the system is all messed up becuase airplanes are broke, or trips have cancelled, then you may be needed elsewhere.

So, the percentage of time staying on your line is around 5% as a norm, its something that you either get upset at, or you just go with the flow.

Expect to fly 50-80 hours a month, that seems to be the normal right now.

Not alot of sitting around right now. The way its been running, you might sit 2 days at the most. Last year you could sit for 4 days anywhere in the system.

Getting back in the States varies, you can do Europe to the Middle East to and fro for over a week, or you could go to and fro arcross the Atlantic back to back, or keep going eastbound through Asia up to Anchorage back to the east coast. Just depends on what the need is, and luck of the draw

You come to work, do your thing, go home.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back