• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge's Order Affirms SkyWest Airlines Pilots' Right to Organize

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P.S. just so everyone knows, if you register to get information from ALPA and it comes to a vote again at the company...if you don't vote, ALPA automatically counts you as a "yes" vote. So if you don't want them...you have to vote NO.

Completely incorrect. For one thing, ALPA doesn't even count the vote. The NMB appoints a mediator to oversee the voting. If you don't vote, then it's considered a NO vote, whether you sent in a card or not.

not sure what's in the water but it's pretty good...do I know you?

You might. I know you there when I was there from posts here and the Lounge. I just recall some of the posts you put up. DM did us no favors there. I think HK just had us over a barrel with no where to go and pride got us.

I do know some guys from my class that are there now. I sorta chuckle over the about face they've done. I wish they'd put osme of that in our water. It would darn sure make life less complicated. LOL

P.S. just so everyone knows, if you register to get information from ALPA and it comes to a vote again at the company...if you don't vote, ALPA automatically counts you as a "yes" vote. So if you don't want them...you have to vote NO.
Wow, if you are really this concerned with the issue of ALPA at SKW I would think that you would take the time to at least educate yourself on the process.

ALPA does not count the vote, the vote goes to a mediator who counts the votes, if you do not vote you get counted as a no.

Originally Posted by BigLebowski
I would consider voting for ALPA when they fix their problems.

Get back Delta's retirement
Get Back United's retirement
Get back United's work rules
Get TWA's pilots their jobs back
Give Northwest back everything they lost

Do you think that you will have more success in getting back these items using the unified voices of tens of thousands of ALPA pilots, or going into the CEO's office by yourself and asking politely?

yea lets hurry up and vote this thing down so i can stop thowing away all the alpa pens that some dork is leaving in the planes.
You are too stupid to even free pens aren't dangerous. Now shut up and do the gear thing you are barely qualified for. Now for your evals 1s for company suck-up, 5s for attitude & ability.
Shut up and swing that gear BIATCH
PBR

You are too stupid to even free pens aren't dangerous. Now shut up and do the gear thing you are barely qualified for. Now for your evals 1s for company suck-up, 5s for attitude & ability.
Shut up and swing that gear BIATCH
PBR

I keep clowns like you from loosing their certificates.

I would consider voting for ALPA when they fix their problems.

Get back Delta's retirement
Get Back United's retirement
Get back United's work rules
Get TWA's pilots their jobs back
Give Northwest back everything they lost

We no longer live in a society where a union is the answer. Let's look at TSA holdings...ie G0Jet.
ALPA is so strong that at first they were going to blacklist Freedom pilots, but because they started paying dues...they were good enough then to be ALPA members.

It seems everything management does to a group these days, the union is unable to counter...why would I pay for something that is worthless to me.

Your statements show you mere ignorance on this subject. What you fail to mention is without a union the above mentioned companies would have had free reign to do what they wished vs negotiating. You also forgot to mention that the contract changes did not happen over night and took some time. meanwhile the pilots continued to get compensated according to the contract. If you think its bad with ALPA representing them one could only imagine how bad it would have been without a contract. As bad as you make it sound those companies still have superior pay structure compared to yours.
Here is my question to you. If a union is so powerless why does management spend so much money and effort trying to counter it?

Latest resources

Back