Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taco Rocket said:
islandhopper said:
YUs scared $hitless? Hardly... While he loses $$$ on every seat on every flight for the forseeable future with all his startup and training and fuel costs all we have to do is watch our yields.

I do think a lot of people are scared. Because if they weren't there would be no reason to come on this board (and others) 24/7 to badmouth Mesa and its pilots.

Instead of posting what amounts to uninformed drivel about Mesa, you could take the high road and focus on your airline's better product, brand loyalty, and local roots.

24/7? My last post before yesterday was May 5th. Before that April 20th. I have better things to do with my time. Surf, fish, dive, etc. Interstingly enough, been doing the above activites with several mesa pilots that fall under the "rare exception" clause from above post.

"uninformed drivel"? Why reply to me then? Leave me alone to my madness if I am so "uninformed".

So why exactly is it that you, don't stand up to your ceo and his criminal ways? Please pick one or make up a new one!

Still need to get your 1000 PIC? Afraid to lose your job? Wife might divorce you? You would rather whore yourself to JO than (insert last occupation here)? This is the only way i'll ever fly a jet in Hawaii since (pick one or both aloha, hawaiian airlines) wouldn't hire me after I blew the gimme interview I got early on before all this mess. What exactly is it with you Taco Rocket?

A real mesa pilot would either ignore these forums knowing all the bashing to be true, or get in on the action and help bash mesa anonymously without getting fired too quickly.

Hah!! That didn't take very long!

mdanno808 said:
A ramper told me today that someone has already written home next to Go on the aircraft, and that there is now a security guard assigned exclusively to the plane.

Can't believe MAG didn't realize security would be 100% necessary to protect the aircraft (and the flying public) from a few crackhead crazies out on the islands.

Given Aloha's, Hawaiian's and Island Airs dominance of the market, union knuckle-dragger/blowhards in the industry, and Hawaii's unique (and backward) tribal culture, this sort of vandalism seemed pretty obvious to me.

Hmm . . . who's gonna watch the security guard though . . . .

Soverytired said:

Good point... the idiots at go! probably hired wackenhut

Soverytired said:
Can't believe MAG didn't realize security would be 100% necessary to protect the aircraft (and the flying public) from a few crackhead crazies out on the islands.

Given Aloha's, Hawaiian's and Island Airs dominance of the market, union knuckle-dragger/blowhards in the industry, and Hawaii's unique (and backward) tribal culture, this sort of vandalism seemed pretty obvious to me.

Hopefully no-one, it would be nice to have a picture of a Mesa airplane on cinderblocks, after someone stole the tires.

or is someone could find a boot to put on the airplane, that would be nice too.

Taco Rocket said:
Thanks for the personal insult -- comments like this will certainly endear many more of our pilots to your cause.

And to clarify: I could care less what you think of Mesa or JO. I have made no argument here to support or negate any of his positions.

I am not looking for your support, nor do I care for it. I also don't need the support of any others in the industry (in case you haven't read any other posts on this board, most people will take anyones side against Mesa or JO). You said that if the airlines in Hawaii were scared of a little competition then maybe we should get a new job. I am not scared of JO or the RJ's. I am scared of JO's plan to drive someone out of business, no matter the cost.

You are welcome for the personal insult, I've got plenty more of them. PM me.

DAn

Soverytired said:

I guess Hawaii is the only place where vandals live. Does Atlanta or Chicago have a unique (and backward) tribal culture? There is plenty of childish, territorial behavior going on over there. Blocked transmissions, childish radio calls, insults made, etc. between the regionals has been going on for a while now. I guess the tribal culture of Hawaii is spreading. Beware!!!

I am afraid all this "competition" in Hawaii is going to accomplish is a lower standard of life for pilots in this state. Even if Mesa is ousted you know Aloha and Hawaiian mgmt is going to jump at the chance to lower wages to remain competative while GO is in town. What a step forward for the industry. I may never get home.
Maybe some of the Mesa pilots got in before they realized what excatly they represent to the industry, and then it was "too late." But like it or not you have to take the brunt of it. You represent a direct threat to the lives of a large number of people who consider Hawaii their home, and who consider aviation in Hawaii a life long career. You don't DESERVE to be attacked or threatened... just don't EXPECT to be liked.

Besides, I wouldn't fly in Hawaii unless you paid me 100k per year.

list2002 said:
. You don't DESERVE to be attacked or threatened... just don't EXPECT to be liked.

Hah!

Anyone who's been in the airline business knows that pilot have the emotional maturity of 6 year olds . . . . MINE MINE MINE! I'M BETTER THAN YOU! I HATE YOU!

Dosen't matter what airline you fly for . . . someone, somewhere thinks you're an a-hole for DARING to work for an airline who would have the AUDACITY to do somthing they don't like (fly "their" planes, "their" routes, fly in "that other" union, etc.)

So I don't read anything into this. Got radio "scabbed" for flying CRJ's in Cincinatti during the Comair strike (no, Mesa was NOT flying scabbed work); got scabbed again flying the Dash in CLT after CCAIR was acquired by Mesa (nobody even on strike on that one).

Pilots are big fat babies.

Latest resources

Back