• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue: Lateral Move For Regional Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The jury is still out on JetBlue. I, myself, aren't happy with the pay or benefits so I have to remind myself we are a work in progress. For all the negative people post about Jetblue I'll share with you this. Over the weekend the pres. of the company showed up unannounced at a BBQ some guys were having at one of the Blue Cities. This wasn't a company sponsored event but rather just a BBQ some guys put on for the guys and gals that live in the area. Each time I think of leaving or I have a problem with something we do someone in the company refreshes my memory why we are indeed a little different. When was the last time the pres of some legacy showed up at your house.
We aren't perfect at JetBlue but at least our people are trying to help the common folks and not just the shareholders.

The jury is still out on JetBlue. I, myself, aren't happy with the pay or benefits so I have to remind myself we are a work in progress. For all the negative people post about Jetblue I'll share with you this. Over the weekend the pres. of the company showed up unannounced at a BBQ some guys were having at one of the Blue Cities. This wasn't a company sponsored event but rather just a BBQ some guys put on for the guys and gals that live in the area. Each time I think of leaving or I have a problem with something we do someone in the company refreshes my memory why we are indeed a little different. When was the last time the pres of some legacy showed up at your house.
We aren't perfect at JetBlue but at least our people are trying to help the common folks and not just the shareholders.

And how many airline CEOs would you actually let on your property? :)

If a CEO from any former company I worked for showed up on my doorstep I would kick 'em in the nuts and call the cops.

These folks are welcome.

You picks your airline and you takes your chances.

Anyone who thinks they can have a golden career by picking an airline based on what it looks like today is a moron. (moron=fatal ignorance of history)

If it feels good, do it. TC

If a CEO from any former company I worked for showed up on my doorstep I would kick 'em in the nuts and call the cops.

ROTFLMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! I was thinking the same thing about Skeen and that other guy.

Tailwinds...

Not bitter. Quite happy actually.
Just trying to raise the bar for everybody since you don't seem too interested in the endevour.

"My airline is better than your airline!", "My dad can beat up your dad!"

GET A LIFE!

Glad you quit as you are obviously a malcontent ****************************** bag. You should fit right in at your new job. Enjoy the Legacy Lifestyle...threaten a strike, get paid, lose it all in Force Majure, go into bankruptcy, get furloughed, then pull gear for $20/hour at Comair...AND...get recalled, bypass for 6 months, finally go back, sit reserve for 3 years, upgrade in 8. Peace.

Spare me the "jury is still out" crap. If Air Tran can hang on by treating employees and customers like $hit, JetBlue will be here when we retire. Period.

Not a hard one to answer if I were just getting out of AD. First, I would consider how the age 65 retirement rule will effect each airline. I don't think going to an airline hoping for retirement attrition is best for upgrade times now at DAL, NWA, UAUA, SWA, or LCC. I would rather look at the airline's growth potential. Next, I would consider where you live in relation to an airline's hub. It's much better to live at base and not commute. Finally, I would look at job security.

1. FedEx
2. UPS
3. SWA
4. Virgin America
5. JetBlue
6. Everyone else

Some 1988 Great Airline Jobs
Eastern
Pan Am
Western

If I could predict a good move, it would be QUIT FLYING FOR AN AIRLINE. Get a job, and make the most of it. Shut your cake hole and bitch about something worth getting mad about...like ALPA.

Let me make a prediction about how I think things will progress:
1. Legacies will rapidly recover previous pay/benefits.
2. Jetblue will be rightly classified as LCC with low pay/benefits and serious vulnerabilities.
3. Jetblue will be set upon by legacies.
4. Non-union pilots will scramble for union protection at the very last minute.

Latest resources

Back