JetBlue Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm...

If your email is correctly entered in the JetBlue Web Pilot Application you should have gotten an email. It basically said there were some changes to the web application and you needed to log on and make sure your information was accurate. Most of the changes were due to the split of the Turbine PIC into Turbine and PIC.

Also the email was only sent to those applications that had been on file before the changes were made.

Chaz

Last edited:
Chaz,

Thanks for the heads up. Found the email you were talking about (sent to my old address). I'll copy it below for anyone who needs the information:

dl

MINIMUMS CHANGE:

The former requirement of “1000 hours PIC turbine” has now been split into two separate minimums:

· 1000 hours PIC

· 1000 hours turbine

FIELD NAME CHANGES:

Some fields may have been added, deleted or renamed. Please use the update feature to review your online application and adjust or re-calculate your data to reflect your background more accurately.

UPDATE FEATURE BUTTON RELOCATION:

The location of the “update” button has moved to an earlier page in the sequence. You will find it at the bottom of the “JOB LISTINGS” page. It now says, “Update Application? (Pilot)”

ONLINE REFERRAL OPTION:

When you apply for the first time OR you use the update feature to alter the data on your application at a later date, you will receive an automatically generated email message advising you of the incorporation of a new online referral program option.

While not a requirement, the online referral program allows current JetBlue employees to submit their comments about you.

To take advantage of this new program you must provide the JetBlue employee/s with your application number and Personal ID Number (PIN). Both are sent to you in the email mentioned above.

It is NOT a requirement to have referrals from JetBlue employees in order to be considered for an interview. Referrals will NOT guarantee an interview. If selected to interview, you would still be asked to bring three current letters of recommendation with you from Pilots who can attest to your flying skills and character. You may use the referrals that exist online OR you may choose other references to provide to our recruiters on the day of interview.

USE THE UPDATE FEATURE AS OFTEN AS YOU WISH. DOING SO PERIODICALLY WILL HELP ENSURE YOU REMAIN AS COMPETITIVE AS POSSIBLE:

Please use the update feature of our online system once a month or so – or anytime you have something of significance to report on your application such as address, email or flight hour changes. Again, you may access the update feature as follows:

· Go to the JetBlue website at www.jetblue.com.

· Click on the “Work Here” button at the top of the page.

· Select “Job Listings” from the choices that appear.

· Click on the button labeled, “Update Application? (Pilot)” at the bottom of the page. You must use this form to make necessary corrections to your file AND to obtain your application number and PIN.

Next two interview dates are:
5 March
30 April

4,200+ apps on file. Candidates are pulled from "live" database files. Keep it updated or somebody may edge you out. With 5-10 new apps a day, there may be 300 new guys & gals to compete against every time the list is pulled. "Competitive" numbers fluctuate with the addition of every new app.

Interviewing 65 every two months to get 50 selects for approx. 20-25 per monthly class.

Hope to see you there!

dgs
How far in advance are you notified that you were selected for an interview. Should be soon for the 5 March date. Are you notified by email/phone or both?

Hope to be wearing that blue shirt
Lifter

Lifter

We should be notified by both email and phone. Btw, did anyone else not get the application update email? Maybe jointops could query Dean as to why some of us did not get the update. My app was completed the first week of January, before the changes to the requirements. Good luck to us!

I would check the email that is in the application. That is the most likely culprit for you not getting the automatically generated email.

I feel confident in saying that there was no human input into who got the email and who didn't. But I am not in a position to know either way.

Chaz

I agree that there is likely little to no human input involved. I did check the email address and it was fine. I have also received my update verification when I updated it yesterday as well as when I initally filled out the app. Hope I'm still in there somewhere.

Lifter

Just received an email notification from JetBlue for a possible 6 Mar interview. I just updated my file yesterday and to my suprise they notified me today. The email states that I need to contact them for a possible interview. I called and got voice mail, then I replied to the email just to make sure I don't slip through the cracks. If I do interview, it will be approx 3 weeks from notification to interview.

Best of luck to all.

backflip

Latest resources

Back