JB Base options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pal

What is the best guess on how long it would take a new hire to get a BOS base in the 320? How about the 190? What about MCO?

Looks like new hires will get 320 and jfk or bos base.

I would say that mco will be available in 190 before the 320 in mco..

Another system bid coming out with more vacancies, new hires, and upgrades in the next few months.

Great news considering that we had 3 years of little to no growth

to all that got the sept 8th class congrats

Bos

Actually, there were no vacant 320 positions in BOS.

30 JFK 320 FO positions
27 JFK E190 FO positions
22 BOS E190 FO positions

If you want BOS, I would say 190 is the quickest way.

Looks like new hires will get 320 and jfk or bos base.

I would say that mco will be available in 190 before the 320 in mco..

Another system bid coming out with more vacancies, new hires, and upgrades in the next few months.

Great news considering that we had 3 years of little to no growth

to all that got the sept 8th class congrats

Ok, so how does this work with bidding. If there are 42 people in the Sept 8th class, will they get a choice of any of those vacancies. Example: if for some reason everyone wanted the bus then the class would consist of 30 bus drivers and 12 190 drivers, or will they take those 79 vacancies and build another "vacancy list" for that class that will be 42 slots large. Just curious how it works, I too am looking to get to Boston so it looks like I want the e190.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Guys, if you want BOS, bid the 190, you'll move up faster and have a better quality of life... you'll be on reserve a long long time on the bus in bos working most if all weekends....keep in mind there are still guys that have their 2 year lock up on the 190, that can jump over to the bus.

To give you an idea on seniority, a junior bus f/o (bos) thats been here around 3 years (on reserve) is around 90 %, that same person would be around 35% on the 190

Guys, if you want BOS, bid the 190, you'll move up faster and have a better quality of life... you'll be on reserve a long long time on the bus in bos working most if all weekends....keep in mind there are still guys that have their 2 year lock up on the 190, that can jump over to the bus.

To give you an idea on seniority, a junior bus f/o (bos) thats been here around 3 years (on reserve) is around 90 %, that same person would be around 35% on the 190

E190 it is. ;)

Actually, there were no vacant 320 positions in BOS.

30 JFK 320 FO positions
27 JFK E190 FO positions
22 BOS E190 FO positions

If you want BOS, I would say 190 is the quickest way.

So would it be realistic to guess that it might take years to get BOS in the 320 or to get MCO in either aircraft?

I know this is perhaps an unknown, just looking for best informed guess to help with the decision process. Glad to have the problem though...

I'm going to disagree with some of my colleagues on this. If I were a new hire and BOS was an immediate requirement then I'd bid any a/c available to a new hire in BOS. As of today and the most recent bid that appears to be the 190. However, BOS 320 slots have been available in all the recent bids and relatively junior folks have been awarded BOS 320 FO. The company has stated that BOS will be the target city for most of the growth in the near future and the 320 still accounts for about 70% of the fleet.

IMO there will be enough movement for a new hire that wants BOS and the 320 to safely bid JFK 320 and reasonably expect to get a BOS 320 slot within a year or so. I agree that your relative seniority will probably improve quicker on the 190 but if it were me I would rather be a junior 320 FO than a junior 190 FO. I prefer the airplane and the type of flying we do on the 320 over the 190, but that's just me. The extra couple of bucks doesn't hurt either. In any case if you really want BOS 320 it would be quicker to bid the a/c first and then wait for a slot to open in BOS than it would be to bid the domicile first and wait for the 190 seat lock to expire and a slot in the 320 to open. YMMV.

FWIW I don't know anybody on the 190 that really enjoys it. They may like that it allows them the domicile of their choice and that their relative seniority is better than on the 320, but nobody I've talked to cares for the a/c, the city pairs and the multiple leg days. All else being equal I'm guessing they would have to junior man to staff the 190. Again, YMMV.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back