Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
I just saw on History Channel that Hunter Ellis is hosting a new show... so does he still work at Fedex? if so, how does he find the time?

Hunter doesn't show up the the master seniority list so he isn't active.

I wonder if he's not going to kick himself in the butt for leaving that job when his TV career (which probably doesn't pay as well) ends..

best of luck to him either way.

I wonder if he's not going to kick himself in the butt for leaving that job when his TV career (which probably doesn't pay as well) ends..

best of luck to him either way.

Your joking right?

Your joking right?

no, generally TV work is like airline work... most of it pays poorly, and the top jobs are the ones that pay the top money. For example a local TV anchor job in a major metro area pays about $150,000-$200,000 year, and those are the top jobs in local TV.. The on location or street TV reporters can earn as little as $30K and as much as 80K in certain cities. My sister did a lot of TV work a few years ago to include Extra, and ESPN and was making about $40K/yr for her work. She said that it's rare to get paid well until you get to a prime time/network spot.

I can't see how he's going to earn 30 years earnings potential at Fedex (easily worth 10 million in today's dollars) hosting shows on a cable network. But like I said, good luck..

How do I get that job? I have a beak nose too and am actually taller than him. I cant say repeatedly that I flew the "FA/18" in my last job, but than again, I would be an actor so maybe I could?

Does Jared still work at ATA as a dispatcher? If so, does subway cater the charters?

no, generally TV work is like airline work... most of it pays poorly, and the top jobs are the ones that pay the top money. For example a local TV anchor job in a major metro area pays about $150,000-$200,000 year, and those are the top jobs in local TV.. The on location or street TV reporters can earn as little as $30K and as much as 80K in certain cities. My sister did a lot of TV work a few years ago to include Extra, and ESPN and was making about $40K/yr for her work. She said that it's rare to get paid well until you get to a prime time/network spot.

I can't see how he's going to earn 30 years earnings potential at Fedex (easily worth 10 million in today's dollars) hosting shows on a cable network. But like I said, good luck..

True, but think of this. How much more a$$ do you think the man can pull by being on T.V.?

Now I'm not saying that a rich FedEx pilot can't pull alot of tail in Mecka-red-necka or anywhere else in the world they go. But balsting your face all over television is one way to get alot.

How do I get that job? I have a beak nose too and am actually taller than him. I cant say repeatedly that I flew the "FA/18" in my last job, but than again, I would be an actor so maybe I could?

Does Jared still work at ATA as a dispatcher? If so, does subway cater the charters?

Jared never was a dispatcher, he worked in the finance department in some financial capacity or other.

And no, he doesn't work here anymore.

Latest resources

Back