Is Flight Options Changing Their Name?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TailDraggerTed

I heard today that Flight Options is changing their name. Is this true? I was told that they are changing their tail #'s, paint schemes, logos, uniforms, everything.

If it is true, I don't understand why they would do it. "Flight Options" seems like the perfect name for a fractional company. The only reason I can imagine is that they want to dump some of the "baggage" that is attached to their history, past CEO, lawsuits, etc. I don't want to start a rumor, I just thought that some people who read this board might know more.

Flight Options just registered and reserved hundreds of "LX" tail numbers. I can't imagine why they would spend the money to do that unless they were changing their name or the fleet was going elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if a merger or buyout is in the works. I bet Raytheon wants to cut their loses as fast as they can. I would ask the Flight Options Mgmt. next time you fly them. I am sure they know.

We all hear many things. Most, if not all, of what we hear in false, but I must give you guys and gals credit for the power of imagination and for the desire to believe in something even if that something is only rumor!! But, we are all entitled to believe what we want.

You will SEE the CW and TA tail numbers Change to LX I guess???

You will SEE the color scheme chagne so that FO can dispose of the mixed bag of CW and TA color schemes currently confusing the fleet.

It really did not cost all that much to reserve the letters. Com' ON guys, how tough is it to change 797TA to 797LX or 312CW to 312LX? NOT VERY!!

You will NOT SEE a uniform CHANGE. (The New Tie is better isn't it?)

This is nothing more than getting rid of the TA call letters and colors that are of Raytheon making and the CW call letters and colors that are of Corporate Wings makeing.

Ok. You may be correct. But, then why not TELL anyone? Why make this a secret?

Me thinks sumethings a big uhappenin.

;)

Grim Reaper said:
It really did not cost all that much to reserve the letters. Com' ON guys, how tough is it to change 797TA to 797LX or 312CW to 312LX? NOT VERY!!

Let's see, $10 per tail number being reserved is what the FAA charges. How many airplanes x $10 is what it costs.

I've seen a few of the "white tails" and frankly, I think they look good in white ;) :D :p

2000Flyer

I hear the Number change is do to Ricci wanting the CW Numbers back. But how know and who really cares, as long the checks keep coming.

2000flyer said:
Let's see, $10 per tail number being reserved is what the FAA charges. How many airplanes x $10 is what it costs.

So we're talking roughly $7500, right? Do you really think that's a significant amount of money for a fractional?

Why wouldn't Flight Options change its call letters? Why have two different color schemes and two different tail number suffixes?

Anyway, like one guy said, "Who cares as long as the checks keeps coming."

Fuzzy math?

At $10 per tail number that would be about $2,000. (About 200 planes x $10). Chump change.

LX tail numbers? Hmmm.

Long range eXpress?

Limp eXercise?

Land Xtra Careful?

Loose eXcercise?

Loud eXclamation?

Load eXtra bags?

C'mon guys, give me a hand here.

Suffice it to say management has not told the masses anything as yet about this ultra secret operation. OOhh can't say ultra, sounds like a Cessna product.

I kinda like the all white airplanes.

Re: Fuzzy math?

PHX767 said:
At $10 per tail number that would be about $2,000. (About 200 planes x $10). Chump change.

I think it's $10 to reserve a tail number....which they apparently reserved 749 of them. Still, we're only talking about less than $7500 here - which, as we all know, when talking airplanes is absolutely nothing.

Latest resources

Back