Is Delta getting 747's from JAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bill

If you agree with this moron, there is something wrong with you too... When NWA furloughed pilots in '02, we voted to continue paying the furloughed pilots medical through assessments. Pretty hard times for everyone, but we did it for them. To hear him say that NWA ALPA screwed him, upsets me. NWA ALPA is a reflection of me. We did the right thing. Would it upset you if you did the same for your furloughed pilots and all they could say is that DALPA somehow screwed them over?
BTW, all the Delta south guys I have run into are stand up dudes and not out to make anyones life hell....

Jam,

Justifying paying the assessment to his Cobra fund doesn't make you right OR justified.

The people still left on both properties when separate, were not doing crap for the furloughed guy other than that. It made me sick to my stomach seeing guys out while the guy sitting next to me was flying OT. We all just shrugged our shoulders and didn't put up much of a fight.

That attitude remind me of the executive who brings his whole family to Church and preaches the bible of loving thy neighbor and then on Monday signs paperwork cutting loose 5000 employees.....hypocracy!!!

So, if it is 25 total (adding 9 more as ACL suggests) will you kiss him, or is it only if Delta aquires an additional 25 more 744s? You have to be specific, I am sure Bill is wondering too in anticipation.

If we get 25 more 747's I'll give RA a big fat kiss!

Just for clarafication. IF we do get more 744's, initially they would be back fill so the ones that are currently on line could get the interior mods done quicker. I guess eventually it would be growth, but the current 744's we have need the seat mods now.

Jam,

Justifying paying the assessment to his Cobra fund doesn't make you right OR justified.

The people still left on both properties when separate, were not doing crap for the furloughed guy other than that. It made me sick to my stomach seeing guys out while the guy sitting next to me was flying OT. We all just shrugged our shoulders and didn't put up much of a fight.

That attitude remind me of the executive who brings his whole family to Church and preaches the bible of loving thy neighbor and then on Monday signs paperwork cutting loose 5000 employees.....hypocracy!!!

And yet...you said nothing?? Imagine that. :rolleyes: Keep pointing those fingers else where...it makes you feel better I'm sure....give me a break.

Just for clarafication. IF we do get more 744's, initially they would be back fill so the ones that are currently on line could get the interior mods done quicker. I guess eventually it would be growth, but the current 744's we have need the seat mods now.

We'll need more than a few "back-fill" jets to compete with UA/CAL in the Pacific. They have many more B747-400s(25+) and over 70 B777s when you combine the companies.

We'll need more than a few "back-fill" jets to compete with UA/CAL in the Pacific. They have many more B747-400s(25+) and over 70 B777s when you combine the companies.

All with nice flat business class seats and large TVs with more options, too.

So as others have said, new interiors ought to be done sooner rather than later.

25 747-400 ??? 4 was the rumor for those of us on the A/C 3 months ago. I doubt very much we would be more than doubling our fleet as DAL needs to learn how to maintain an run the ones they have first ,at least at JFK.

Latest resources

Back