Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

International Pilots: Are you getting French visas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a new rule, I have been to Nice France more times than I can think of and never had to have a visa, I read that they are doing this in response to the new Passport and Visa Requirements that the U.S. put in place on Jan. 23

I don't know if the rule has changed recently but, the visa was required if you were working the flight into France, not if you were traveling for pleasure.

My first one was good for 5 years, the one I have now is good for 3. It seems they just arbitrarily pick a valid period.

Like AA717 said, I have never had anyone in France look at my passport let alone the visa.

French Visa

Huck here:

Fedex pilots are now required to carry French visas to get into France. This was sprung on us with no warning, and requires a trip in person to a French consulate.

Any other pilots out there getting hit with this?

Thanks.

I had to have one for A330 US Airways. Flew to DCA, caught the train to downtown, cab to French consulate, 45 minutes later had the visa, reversed course and home by 5 pm.

Crew working a flight into Frence have had or supposed to have a visa for a long time . I receive my first one in 1990 and everybody on my fleet had the stamp for yrs.

Crew working a flight into Frence have had or supposed to have a visa for a long time . I receive my first one in 1990 and everybody on my fleet had the stamp for yrs.
Ditto. The rule's been around a while for working crewmembers.

Never been required before at FDX, and we have a huge operation there.....

Ditto. The rule's been around a while for working crewmembers.

But never enforced, they just started enforcing the rule due to our change in passport policies. Like I have said before, I have traveled there many times and always as a crew member, they never once asked for a visa and this is the first time I had to get one since I have been going there for the past 6 years

This appears to be a significant departure from the policy in place on 6 June, 1944.

Yep - I've seen the trees planted along the Champs-Elysees.

(Those Germans like to march in the shade, you know....)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back