Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

International Pilots: Are you getting French visas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huck

Huck here:

Fedex pilots are now required to carry French visas to get into France. This was sprung on us with no warning, and requires a trip in person to a French consulate.

Any other pilots out there getting hit with this?

Thanks.

A few years back when I flying the north Atlantic we did need a French working visa, I believe that this is still the case. I got mine by mail, but many people went to French embassy's here in the US or abroad.

I'm not sure how long it's been in place but I had to have one at TWA in the late 90's. We have to have one at CAL too.

It's a pain in the %$S but it's good for 5 years.

I heard that we require them to do the same thing.

Huck here:

Fedex pilots are now required to carry French visas to get into France. This was sprung on us with no warning, and requires a trip in person to a French consulate.

Thanks.

Huck, when I checked out on the 767 in 99, that was one of the first things they said we had to get (French Visa). It has been around awhile.

regards,

AAflyer

Huck here:

Thanks.

Do a Google search for your nearest French Consulate and then go to their local website. Most require an appointment via their web page (NY, Chicago, Houston, etc.) and you'll need a week or two advance notice. There may be a few consulates that still use the first come-first served walk in system. Also check their website the day of your appointment for the current visa cost, because the dollar to euro exchange rate is changed every two weeks and you need exact change in cash. Hope this helps.

We are pt. 91 out of CMH and our department will be airlining to Chicago over the next few weeks to get them. Big pain in the A**!

I'm not sure how long it's been in place but I had to have one at TWA in the late 90's. We have to have one at CAL too.

It's a pain in the %$S but it's good for 5 years.

I believe it is good for as long as you have years left on your Passport. Not just 5 years. Schengen(SP) Visa.

Nope - Good for 5 years, my passport expires in 08 and my French visa expired in 05. Had to go to NYC on a day off to get it....

Ok, silly question. I have never used the terminal in France, but do they have a transit terminal where you don't have to clear immigration or are they requiring ALL people to get visas. Also what about driving into France from another EU country with a US passport.

All I know is that in the years I had one, not once did they ever look at my passport on entry. TC

Latest resources

Back