Input Requested???????????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

Hey -- have a GREAT chance to come over there. Input please based on the following info:

currently at a regional commuting to ORD from DFW

interviewing @ NJA soon

interviewing at a corporate flight department -- large oil company with several planes -- will have to move but will be able to stay in the same state - TEXAS...

Input -ideas from all view points / aspects are appreciated...

:D

sounds like a really tough decision to me!!:rolleyes:

(nice colorful post by the way)...

You must be at Eagle I take it. I know that is not for me at all. I am at Options and I love it there except the pay. You have to ask yourself what is going to be around longer. NetJets has been around a long and I do not think that it is going anywhere anytime soon. Once they get their contract worked out things will be better. The pay anyway that is all I know that is downfall there now. As far as the oil company. How long have they been around and what is the turnover rate like? Like G-200 said it sounds like a tough decision.

Good luck in whatever choice you make.

This whole business is a crap shoot. Ask the people who chose Pan Am because the Big Blue Marble - #2 logo in the world - would always be there. Or the folks who left Fedex cause the paychecks bounced and it was just a matter of time until it was gone. As to Netjets, noone was lied too, they were given current circumstances as they were at the time. That period of rapid growth was never going to last forever, but it could return in spurts. There was a time when Delta was growing so fast they had pilots with the seniority to bid captain but who were not old enough to hold an ATP. Conditions change. If anyone has a crystal ball that lets them know the future growth of aviation and the pay for the different sectors, they sure don't need to be wasting their time flying airplanes.
As to Netjets, I came knowing the current sitiation. It has changed dramatically in response to world and economic events. However my basic reasons for coming are the same. It is not undercapitalized, it is as stable as anything in the aviation industry, and we fly excellent equipment with what I have found to be a good safety ethic. When the chips are down NJA also looks after its own. I have seen this first hand more than once. When I walk out to my airplane I envy noone's job or aircraft that I see on the ramp. Their pay maybe, but not their job. And I feel sure our pay will improve.
Netjets is not for everyone, but it fits for me. Make an informed decision and then don't look back. Life is too short - hell its too long - to engage in a mentality of the glass being half empty and then come here and whine and bash others. Good luck and be happy.

I was joking about it being a tough call...

:eek:

but heck, whatever floats your boat...

tough call ? yes...

So what is tough call... Corporate 100 company -- fractional or staying here and no, I am not at Eagle -- Gulfstream -- what do you think???????????? Have you been there and done that?????????????????

Gulfstream 200 said:
I was joking about it being a tough call...

:eek:

but heck, whatever floats your boat...

I would go with the fractional - Union protection and a new contract coming.

Nja -- Corporate?

The pay is a lot better at this corp. job and no one has ever left -- the openings are due to retirements ... great equipment -- large corporation... But, NetJets was the place that I was wanting to go to first and this just happened...

Gulfstream 200 said:
I would go with the fractional - Union protection and a new contract coming.

hotwing said:
The pay is a lot better at this corp. job and no one has ever left -- the openings are due to retirements ... great equipment -- large corporation... But, NetJets was the place that I was wanting to go to first and this just happened...

Hey be real. You'll never make here at NetJets what you could if you went on to the majors. Go to SW or JB or the corp gig. No one is helping our cause by applying here. We DON'T want ANYONE ELSE COMING HERE...period. But besides that, take the texas job...retired and wealthier folks can't be wrong.

I am at Netjets and also flew for a fortune 50 company that recently (6-12 months) celebrated their 75th anniversay in the flight Department on Pro Pilot mag....

the Corporate job was unique...12 aircraft...1 HQ and 3 Satellites...I was at a satellite in Florida...we only flew 1 type but at the HQ they flew 2. The job, and pay were great, benefits, retirement....living the dream....then they closed the base....after 3 years.....I didn't/couldn't move to the HQ so I took a severance. Some big names in business have folded the majority or all of the flight departmet....MCI/worldcomm, Aetna, Texaco, Sundstrand Aerospace etc...and Mobil Oil...consolodated with Exxon...alot of jobs gone...I had an opportunity to go there in Houston (Satelitte base) and ended up in the Airlines instead...in turn which I was furloughed from....

I do like Netjets...stable, making money, growing, ...the job function is a little different but its ok.. The money will(hope) have to come to make this place worthwhile....which i believe it will....how much who knows...but having somekind of union, a seniority list, protection and the appearance of being a company that will be here for a long time....swayed my decision to come here.

In reference to a previous post, we dont know that a regional like Delta would grow, United, or Eastern, Pan Am...fall.

Good luck with your decision, talk with family, use your brain, what makes you feel better.

David

Latest resources

Back