Input Requested???????????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dkte737 said:
I am at Netjets and also flew for a fortune 50 company that recently (6-12 months) celebrated their 75th anniversay in the flight Department on Pro Pilot mag....

the Corporate job was unique...12 aircraft...1 HQ and 3 Satellites...I was at a satellite in Florida...we only flew 1 type but at the HQ they flew 2. The job, and pay were great, benefits, retirement....living the dream....then they closed the base....after 3 years.....I didn't/couldn't move to the HQ so I took a severance. Some big names in business have folded the majority or all of the flight departmet....MCI/worldcomm, Aetna, Texaco, Sundstrand Aerospace etc...and Mobil Oil...consolodated with Exxon...alot of jobs gone...I had an opportunity to go there in Houston (Satelitte base) and ended up in the Airlines instead...in turn which I was furloughed from....

I do like Netjets...stable, making money, growing, ...the job function is a little different but its ok.. The money will(hope) have to come to make this place worthwhile....which i believe it will....how much who knows...but having somekind of union, a seniority list, protection and the appearance of being a company that will be here for a long time....swayed my decision to come here.

In reference to a previous post, we dont know that a regional like Delta would grow, United, or Eastern, Pan Am...fall.

Good luck with your decision, talk with family, use your brain, what makes you feel better.

David
To all NetJets Pilots. As much as we may all like or dislike being here, we are not helping our cause when we sit here and promote it to potential newhires. You and I get paid less with every new application NJA see's. Let's start a movement of keeping our mouths shut and helping those who are here already and after that is done we can help those who aren't.

So, for any new prospective pilot looking at NJA, consider other places. Please don't apply or give NetJets any indication that you want to work here. None of us knows which way this contract will go and we only want to bring management to it's knees begging for more pilots. The only way to get more pilots is improve pay and more gateways for everyone.

Yea Griz, I think you're right... I carried picket sign for Eastern and it looks like I'm going to carry a sign against NetJets. I certainly wouldn't take a job here until I could sustain myself for a while without a paycheck.....I think its really going to get ugly now..................

New Hires beware....they are going to tell you what you want to here during your interrview.....you need to know that things are getting very critical over here.......very, very critical!!!!!!!!!!

This is a load of crap. How many more times do we need to hear that they are going to stay and wrap it up. THey have said that the last few times they went to negotiations.

each time they do that, my bank account gets smaller and smaller...along with my hopes of seeing a new contract anytime soon

The only thing worse than 27k a year is that pay for 3-6 months and then ZERO because your now on strike. I'm not a big poster here, but if I were a potential new hire I would be following this situation VERY closely. Think about striking while on probation...that takes some nads and some serious cash.

Go for it!

I think you guys should strike. It would boost the expansion of corporate flight departments.

1900cpt said:
each time they do that, my bank account gets smaller and smaller...along with my hopes of seeing a new contract anytime soon

1900cpt

Like it or not you need to support the MEC in public or keep your mouth shut!!

The company freaks love you...

Sorry Brother, but it had to be said.. Let the MEC do their jobs.........

There's no guarantee you'll get hired at NJA. Take the bird in hand at the corporate job.

If you don't buy that logic try this--What's the deal with the corporate outfit? Will you get typed and will you get any pic time? If yes, take it and always know the possibility exists that you may have to move on.

There is no security in this business. What if you go to NJA and they strike?

One thing you absolutely should not do is to make a career decision based on someone telling you their company sucks. Why should you sacrifice your seniority number because someone on a message board said not to come here because it wouldn't help him?

BrnJetFuel--I understand your frustration. Let him know what the deal is at NJA but to tell him it wouldn't help YOUR situation will probably only piss him off. The contract WILL eventually be resolved. Why cost some poor schmuck a bunch of numbers because you're pissed off and frustrated? If he doesn't take a job at NJ there' plenty more coming through the door that you can't dissuade.

Again, it's all a crapshoot.TC

Latest resources

Back