• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Slow down guys. Nothing bad has happened. Think about what's really important as a crewmember (not goofy uniforms......).

Think the concern my friends at Flex have is that once "bad stuff' starts to happen that it will be too late to recover what is taken away

Think the concern my friends at Flex have is that once "bad stuff' starts to happen that it will be too late to recover what is taken away

Some people are confused about the way the process works. After representatoon is voted in, both sides start from scratch on the contract. There is absolutely no guarantee of retaining or regaining what we have now.

Given that the Flight Options crews are already represented by the IBT, it's quite probable that their current contract will be used as a starting point.

Some people are confused about the way the process works. After representatoon is voted in, both sides start from scratch on the contract. There is absolutely no guarantee of retaining or regaining what we have now.

Given that the Flight Options crews are already represented by the IBT, it's quite probable that their current contract will be used as a starting point.

There is NEVER a guarantee of anything when negotiating a union contract. A great deal depends on the strength and resolve of the union members.

However, with no union you are GUARANTEED to be at the mercy of whatever direction management decides the wind blows that day. I'm already hearing complaints about things KR has altered and/or taken away from the Flex guys. Maybe they're little things, maybe not. But knowing KR, it's just the beginning.

You folks will have to decide what's best for yourselves. Maybe a union isn't needed. But I know KR and my gut tells me you very badly need a union.

I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so.

I admit confusion over the process. However, my understanding since we are currently two different companies is that if FJ chooses to unionize, the salary and benefits must be frozen at the their current level once the company has been given notice of a vote. Is that not correct?

Slow down guys. Nothing bad has happened. Think about what's really important as a crewmember (not goofy uniforms......).

1/3 of the 401k just got taken away. You consider that "nothing bad"? It's unconscionable.

All this is happening during the honeymoon period.
It makes you wonder what is coming down the pipe if the union is voted out.

The honeymoon was the first year. It's over.

Yes lucky, some people are confused and that includes you. We have a contract that is AMENDABLE. Flex starts from scratch. No way we want you to fall under our pay scale, so go back and do your homework. But then again you got that talking point straight from the lawyers.

Latest resources

Back