• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

im gonna say something thay I will regret... I miss Falcons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LD- Glad all is well with you! Enjoy the new aircraft! I will Skype you, we are in Siem Reap, Cambodia on holiday, Virg says hello! Cheers- Rum

Hi Virg!!!

Well, I came out of a 152 with Jet Engines on it. Flying an EMB is easier than driving a car. The thing is simple as heck and I like the ergonomics of the Mark I cockpit very much.

This thing probably has a sextant in it somwhere it's so dated.

I guess I'm just weird. I thought even the 700/900 were more work than the ERJ was, though a marked improvement over the 100/200 for sure.

I just prefer the automation and ease of use. Obviously that's the trend these days and with good reason. If you can have the system do the work for you why not? Isn't that why we have maids? :D

RUM!!! Give Virg a hug for me. I will fire up Skype old boy.

Maybe after you've flown it awhile. That said, a 50 I could do single pilot a lot easier than this thing.

I'm coming out of a highly advanced, automated airplane with simple, highly redundant systems into less automated, less sophisticated ones. It is probably harder to go backwards than forwards. Maybe.

Well, you're comparing a mid-80's era airframe to a 2000's era airframe. Not a fair comparison.

I'm glad my first type was the EMB because I think I would have been overloaded in anything else. Maybe I have ADHD or something...

Now the real reason for my reply...

*MAYBE* you have ADHD? Ya think LD??

Jeez, you don't have to have a PhD/PsyD/MD to say that you definitely have ADHD. :laugh:

If you can't fly a citation you can't fly ********************.

Once the engines are running on a citation the hardest part is what lights to turn on when....

If you can't fly a citation you can't fly ********************.

This is my fourth Citation and frankly, I can't figure out why anyone would want to.

Once the engines are running on a citation the hardest part is what lights to turn on when....

Yeah. I have to flip something like nineteen switches *AFTER* cleared for takeoff and then monitor all sorts of nonsense that is keeping my head in the cockpit instead of looking outside.

No thanks.

Gimme my EMB back. There's nothing simpler than a Legacy except maybe a Phenom.

It's a paycheck though so... I should be grateful and shut up at this point.

...It just blows my mind to think a Citation is a high-workload aircraft lol...

...It just blows my mind to think a Citation is a high-workload aircraft lol...

Cuz you've never flown a Legacy.

This Cessna has 11 switches you have to flip on and off every single leg just for anti-ice. EMB has zero. It is in auto and if it *DOESN'T* work **THEN** you flip a switch.

And don't get me started on this ridiculous autopilot that I have to push three buttons to get it to do one little thing then PRAY it actually captures the altitude.

And this silly warning panel. Sometimes the lights come on and that's bad. Sometimes they come on and that's good. Sometimes you have to flip a lot of switches to find out if it is good or bad.

Bleh.

1980 at its finest.

Heck, gimme back my Falcon!

Last edited:
Yeah. I have to flip something like nineteen switches *AFTER* cleared for takeoff and then monitor all sorts of nonsense that is keeping my head in the cockpit instead of looking outside.

No thanks.

Gimme my EMB back. There's nothing simpler than a Legacy except maybe a Phenom.

LD -- Let's look back on Embraer's product line. Rather than comparing a 2010 jet to a 1980's jet, let's compare Embraer's 1990's products with Cessna's 1980's.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Air/Embraer-EMB-121AA-Xingu/1264898/L/

According to the manufacturers checklist, that airplane has 27 items on the "before takeoff checklist," compared to your 18. On top of that, Embraer's product is 5-10 years newer. I think that we can use your words to describe the Embraer cockpit:

Yeah but if ya get violated cuz u can't find the right switches in a maze of switches, buttons, and dials u won't be flying long. Yikes!This plane needs a flight engineer.

It goes without saying that an EICAS system is going to simplify the cockpit. Looking at the cockpit, I'd say that the Citation cockpit is much easier to find your way around than that Embraer cockpit.

Good luck on your checkride LD; I hear the training centers are coming down hard on SIC applicants these days. :D

I guess I enjoy doing a little bit of work on a flight....if you consider pushing buttons for anti-ice (that I rarely use flying in the Southwest) work. Flying is boring enough - sometimes I flip switches just for fun during those long flights.

Latest resources

Back