Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Along with new boarding procedures, we are changing how the jumpseat is handled. Many of us are upset by these changes and we hope restore the preboard "priviliage" that many of you have come to expect. Please be patient while we sort this out. Also, note that many ops agents are now informing Jumpseaters NOT to talk to the Captain when they go to the back, but many Captains still expect and appreciate a visit. Again, sorry for the confusion that is bound to ensue and thanks for your patience - I will be talking to my chief on Tuesday to express my dismay over this unfriendly and not so LUVin policy.

Here is an excerpt from the memo:

Please review the following items concerning preboarding:

• The only Crew Members allowed to preboard are
- those with a Company deadhead slip attached to their boarding document,
- those who will sit on a flightdeck jumpseat (maximum of two), and
- those seated on the fourth jumpseat.
• Anyone who has a WN210 with a lettered boarding card (and is not on a
deadhead) MUST board with the A, B, or C group.
• Do not place your Fellow Employees in an uncomfortable situation by asking them to allow
you to preboard.
• If you are courteous and assist with a Customer in a wheelchair or an Unaccompanied
Minor and are not otherwise allowed to preboard, please return to the terminal and board
with your group.
• To maintain jumpseat priority on a throughflight, ensure you are listed for the jumpseat to
your final destination. You may choose to sit in the cabin for any segments with available
seats.

This will not Fly!!!

I don't expect this to make it past the coming week. This is just like the policy awhile back where they tried to limit SWA jumpseaters to only one bag. The CP's and the union reps will be getting an ear full!!!

I like the part where it says if you help a pre-board down, to return to the gate.... lol (they really thought this out ;) )

B

The most important customer?

Yeah, I believed it when they told us during new hire training that, "Our employees are our most important customer...even moreso than our "external" customers." Sure doesn't seem like it now, does it? Is it me, or is the culture changing at our awesome company?

I have only jumpseated on SW twice so my experience is very limited.
First time (a few years ago) was preboarded, had a nice chat with the crew and got an aisle seat.
Last time (couple months ago) boarded with the last group, which made it hard to stow the carry-on, and of course only middle seats left.
Pre board is definitely the way to go!
About the taking care of the paying pax first etc.
I don't think they(the pax) would have any idea that a jumpseater was preboarded ahead of them.

Yeah, I believed it when they told us during new hire training that, "Our employees are our most important customer...even moreso than our "external" customers." Sure doesn't seem like it now, does it? Is it me, or is the culture changing at our awesome company?

Let me see if i get this straight. you would rather preboard and sit in a window or isle seat and force a passenger who pays your salary to sit in the middle seat. RIIIIGHT! Geez i think you forgot who pays our salary its not swa its the passengers who buy tickets on us and deserve first crack.

I have only jumpseated on SW twice so my experience is very limited.
First time (a few years ago) was preboarded, had a nice chat with the crew and got an aisle seat.
Last time (couple months ago) boarded with the last group, which made it hard to stow the carry-on, and of course only middle seats left.
Pre board is definitely the way to go!
About the taking care of the paying pax first etc.
I don't think they(the pax) would have any idea that a jumpseater was preboarded ahead of them.
Do you let me preboard. NO so stop complaining and if you dont like it go jump on someone else. I cant believe we are having this conversation. These passengers pay our salary, they get first crack period.

This is a new age of SWA....the internal customer is dead and the masses will be more and more pissed off here...I must say this is happening much sooner than I thought. Nothing good will last forever but I really thought this great business model was going to stick around for awhile...now, not so much. It just doesn't work when the employees are pissed off...its all about numbers now

SWA had the best jumpseat in the business. It is sad to see this happen. They have always treated me like family. The problem is with the ridiculous TSA rule that does not allow offline jumpseaters to sit in the flightdeck when there are empty seats in back. Why is it that it is "safe" to have a jumseater up front on a full airplane but not on a half emty one? If jumpseaters were allowed up front anytime, they wouldn't have to be subjected to a middle seat. Also, if SWA gate checks a jumpseaters bag it ends up going to baggage claim (not very convenient for commuting) unless one of the pilots is willing to take it down to the cargo bin himself. I hope you guys can get this changed back.

The problem is with the ridiculous TSA rule that does not allow offline jumpseaters to sit in the flightdeck when there are empty seats in back.

Not just off line my friend. I think mgt is testing our resolve. I hope they are suprised.

Latest resources

Back