• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much longer for FLYI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must fly for USAir, chitacua, Mesa or skywest or something.....Indy is doing something right with 71% load factors........

Tooslow said:
Indy is doing something right with 71% load factors........

....at $70 for a coast to coast ticket. What school of business did you go to that failed to mention something called "income"? I bet if I sold tickets for $1 I could crush that 71% load factor at Independance, then I would be a big fat success right?

Tooslow said:
You must fly for USAir, chitacua, Mesa or skywest or something.....Indy is doing something right with 71% load factors........

Furloughing pilots and sending airplanes back to their leasors is not "doing something right" It shows that they are on the verge of collapse.

True, but those 71 tickets are only for a small amount of seats. All airlines do that... If the airplane is full the airline made money on that flight. Try looking at ticket price for walk up on Indy and see the difference. Indy is getting known however will they have enough money to last untill they break even or make a profit? That is the question... Right now they have enough money to last into fall, can they get there cost inline and increase revenue to get to profitability...

sunchaser said:
If the airplane is full the airline made money on that flight.

That is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever read on flightinfo. If you are selling your seats for less than what it takes to operate them, then you can fill up the airplane all day long and it will still lose money.

FLYI is learning the hard way that the RJ is an absolute money pit and can only make money in the best of times. We are not in very good economic times and FLYI is on life support.

the only thing worse than pilots talking about how to run an airline is management talking about how to run an airline.

out of flying

which brings us back to the original question.........?

anyone who still works ther have a guess.?

They are not selling ALL the tickets at 70 dollars... The ticket price goes up closer to the flight.. So it is made up in last second ticket sells.. There is a magical computer that takes all this info and makes sure that if the flight sells out it made money. Anyway I hope they make it, but I think late fall.....

Latest resources

Back