• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is reality folks. A lot of us (me included) have nothing positive to say about GJ. This guy is trying to put food on his table. He isn't crossing a picket line, and there are more guys (furloughed or shutdown airline) that are going there. The experience level of the GJ pilot is going to increase dramatically.

However, TSA is still furloughing and GoJet is still hiring.

There's the rub

Understand that there will be people who will turn their back to you once they find out you work for Go Jet. I will do the same. Somewhat juvenile and it is truly not personal but I can not condone actions that that slime bag, goat dick sucker Hulas took with willing participants that went to Go Jet.

I still hear that there are guys that have left GoJet for FedEx/UPS/SWA, so I don't think these individuals care if a regional puke (which I am) turns their back on them.

I'm not a GJ defender, I just think that when you're the only game in town, a lot more people will want to play.

Maybe this is good. Maybe GJ needs guys with "experience" on the line teaching the other guys a thing or too about professionalism and what they should be concerned with aside from themselves.

its either flame or this guys an idiot and thus will fit in fine there. You really applied for a job w/o checking on the basics that you are asking about? riiiight.

If it is true, then you've booked yourself a seat to a fun time then....before you even start, you now have hundreds of pilots at TSA who hate you and aside from them you're part of the most reviled airline in the country. I hope you speak many languages b/c the only chumps they can get to work there are foreign and thus clueless.

Enjoy your no block or better, and as for that guy above who said its industry standard wages and contract, well that's pretty sad. We need to tell that guy to aim a little higher, because I'd say their definitely one of the lower ones.

Say Hi to Hulas on the way in for me.

F****** your food on the table BS. If you go work there god help you. You're stealing food off the table of the Trans States guys who got f**** by this horrible organization.

MOD: You need to chill with the creative spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew alot of guys who got hosed by the GJ guys when the first TA was attempt to be rammed down out throats. I don't like it but that's how the game gets played and it sucks. I won't talk to them if I know they are GoJet, plain and simple. If I get on at another airline that allows for black balling people who've interviewed, I will certainly attempt to keep them from getting on. Its not personal, it is how the game is played.

F****** your food on the table BS. If you go work there god help you. You're stealing food off the table of the Trans States guys who got f**** by this horrible organization.

MOD: You need to chill with the creative spelling.
Great, another internet tough guy who's gonna tell it like it is. Do you work for TSA? If you do, and it's so horrible, man-up and walk out the door. Otherwise you're just supporting the very cause which you're whining against.

If you don't work for TSA...what makes you an authority on the subject?

This B.S. of one pilot group lecturing another pilot group how they need to go about their careers is both funny and sad at the same time.

If a guy needs to put food on the table for his family and there's a job...who are you to get in his way and stop him? The "Profession Police" ? This whole idea of pilot solidarity is a complete freaking joke because I GUARANTEE if you lost your job tomorrow and GoJet was in your face with an app...you'd consider it.

That being said, I hope nobody loses their jobs. End Rant.

I wouldn't view GoJets as a long-term career choice - interim maybe. If absolutely necessary I would go with GoJets and then look to leave once better opportunities present themselves (after training contract expires). Unfortunately it has a negative reputation in the industry and that won't help when looking elsewhere... That's my $0.02.

Ever stop and think about what blackballing someone makes you look like? If I were an interviewer at a major airline or a corporate operator, and you came to blackball someone just because they had GoJet on your resume without checking any dates, I'd look at you as an immature child, and all your recommendations would wind up on the bottom of the pile. Not only would you not hurt Gojet pilots, but you would hurt your recommendations more.

Let's see here...

Having Aloha/ATA/Champion/MaxJet on your resume up until March/April 2008 on your resume and then GoJet... Trust me, the last thing any pilot of the above mentioned airlines would want is to go fly your precious United Express regional jet for those wages. Unfortunately, even #1 pilot on seniority list of those airlines is on the street looking for a job.

Then, let's see... same sh*tty pay as the rest of the regionals, same sh*tty work rules as the rest of the regionals, a union shop, quicker upgrade than most other regionals, and one of the very few games in town...

I hate to say it, but TSA pilots gambled, sued, petitioned and LOST!

Now what? Is there an ALPA/IFALPA ban on recruitment a'la Cathay Pacific ban in the day? Do you children even remember that or know what it is? Is there such a thing for GoJet?

Blackballing someone for having GoJet on their resume especially after having Aloha/ATA/Champion/UAL/CAL on their resume will make your opinion and judgment be heavily doubted, and you'll quite possibly hurt your friends that you are actually trying to help get hired.

Latest resources

Back