• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey XJET guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't talking ********************, the dude said I was a loser for liking my job and my company, I was just sharing some of the things that I appreciate about my company.

Then just remember to shout out a big 'THANKS, ASA/XJT PILOTS ROCK!!,' after we sign our next contract, and you guys ride the coattails (again) and add to your 'six-figure salary.'

Usually I just lurk on here, but the arrogant/pompous attitudes of some of these SKW clowns never ceases to amaze me.

Then just remember to shout out a big 'THANKS, ASA/XJT PILOTS ROCK!!,' after we sign our next contract, and you guys ride the coattails (again) and add to your 'six-figure salary.'

Usually I just lurk on here, but the arrogant/pompous attitudes of some of these SKW clowns never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't sweat it. If the law of airlines and, what goes around comes around, plays out they will have their day as well.
It's a little sad that even though we have lived through the tragedy that scope relaxation caused, we still don't see the importance of working together. The whipsaw is a double edged blade and will come back to them some day. I doubt it could be disputed that if we were all merged everyone wouldn't have a better contract. So they are being affected by this without even knowing it. All they can hope is that they will be gone before it comes back to them.

You say that like you were making a profit before Skywest Inc. bought you. Were you? When was your last profitable quarter?

No, I say it knowing that XJT was in the midst of restructuring (closing down all unprofitable flying) and renegotiating a CPA with CAL when SKW came in and low balled it using assumptions such as 16% lower pilot compensation to force XJT into signing the SKW CPA or lose ALL the flying by 12 months.

No, I say it knowing that XJT was in the midst of restructuring (closing down all unprofitable flying) and renegotiating a CPA with CAL when SKW came in and low balled it using assumptions such as 16% lower pilot compensation to force XJT into signing the SKW CPA or lose ALL the flying by 12 months.

You got a lot of "facts", got any links to support your facts... 16%? Xjt was its own worst enemy.

Again? In what way did we ride the coattails before? And I'm not arrogant. Not pompous. I just like my job. I don't believe that you should be willing to put yourself beneath SkyWest pilots, just as I'm not willing to put our pilot group beneath others. You guys talk ******************** as if we owe you something, but we don't. Most of the ASA pilots that I've talked to say that ASA was a better place after SkyWest Inc took charge. Thats not me, that's what I've heard from them. Be pissed off all ya want, I'm gonna grab another beer.

Again? In what way did we ride the coattails before?

When ASA got contract 2007, what did SkyWest get?

When the JCBA is finalized, what has been said as far as what SkyWest will get?

And I'm not arrogant. Not pompous.

I'd beg to differ. As well as add that you're slightly ignorant as you don't seem to be fully aware of how SkyWest has been able to achieve the pay rates and "policies" they have.

You got a lot of "facts", got any links to support your facts... 16%? Xjt was its own worst enemy.

Yes, the 16% came out of JA and BH's mouths as they told those of us on that XJT MEC that fateful day, what they had planned for us. I would say CAL was XJT's worse enemy followed very closely by SKW and their whipsaw of us with their pilots. By the way, they also said that SKW pilots were 4% cheaper than ASA, pre-PBS. They equated PBS as a 4% concession.

Last edited:
And ASA has managed to screw up the forecast PBS savings. Our costs with PBS have skyrocketed. No savings at all.

CT blames it all on the vacation provision of PBS. I think it is purely a lack of managerial talent. If they thought surejet was a wise descision, what OTHER unseen descisions are they making that are just as terrible and short sighted?

Skaff does not speak for the majority of skw pilots, most of us have been here less than 5 years, a lot of us on reserve for most of that time. It is a good company but if you're earning 6 figures you're most likely a senior check airman and not at all motivated to improve things for the junior guys. Like I said previously, it's often an us and them attitude here, junior vs senior. You only need to look at the huge overide given to 900 Captains (SLC) to figure out where the cheese goes..

Most guys here see the value of a union and full integration with ASA/XJT, it's hopefully just a matter of time...

SkyWest provides me a good income and a good quality of life, I make 6 figures. I work for a company that has never furloughed. I work at a company that has not only made a profit every quarter that I've worked here, but they have shared there profits with me and shared with me in performance rewards. My company has continued to grow through new contracts and through purchase of other airlines. I'm in a position where I can have any day, holiday, or birthday off. I can spend time with my kids, and when my kids need me somewhere, I can plan ahead and tell them, "yes, I will be there." I'm in a position where I can be home in my bed somewhere around 20 to 22 nights a month. If I want to work overnights, I do it. If I want to be home, I do it. I have travel benefits available to me on United, Delta, Alaska, and soon US Airways. Continental travel will soon be added into my United travel benefits. If all that makes me a Fckiking LOSER, then so be it. I'd rather be a loser than be miserable.

Another mighty SkyWest lifer! Loser!

Latest resources

Back