• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey XJET guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have a fragmentation policy. 5 captains and 5 fo's go with each plane if more than 5 planes are transferred. That will help with staffing unless there is some loop hole to keep it from happening.

F. Fragmentation

1. If the Company transfers (by sale, lease or other transaction) five (5) or more

aircraft in any twelve (12) consecutive month period to any air carrier(s) owned

and/or controlled by SkyWest, Inc. or by any entity that owns and/or controls

SkyWest, Inc. (SkyWest, Inc. entity(ies)) then, regardless of whether the

transfer is to one or more SkyWest, Inc. entity(ies), beginning with the fifth

transferring aircraft, the Company will require the SkyWest, Inc. entity(ies) to

which the aircraft are transferred to offer employment to Company pilots on the

Pilots’ seniority list in accordance with the following provisions:

a. The number of Company pilots who will be offered an opportunity to transfer

will be five (5) Captains and five (5) First Officers for each of the transferring

aircraft, beginning with the fifth such transferring aircraft, and for each

further transferring aircraft.

b. The aircraft transfer will be effective on the date that the aircraft is removed

from the Company’s certificate and the transfer opportunities will be posted

thirty (30) days prior to the aircraft transfer.

c. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this paragraph F.1., the fifth or

greater transferring aircraft, as described in paragraph F.1., above, will not

be transferred to another SkyWest entity(ies) until the seniority integration

process described in paragraph (h) below is completed.

d. The transfer opportunities for the covered transferring aircraft, as defined

above in this paragraph F.1, will be posted for no less than fourteen (14)

days, during which time Company pilots may bid on such transfer

opportunities. Only Company Captains may bid on the Captain transfer

opportunities and only Company First Officers may bid on the First Officer

transfer opportunities. The Company will make available a form or

electronic process for such purpose.

e. After the closing of the bid period, the Company will offer opportunities to

transfer to the SkyWest, Inc. entity(ies) to which the aircraft are transferring,

by bidding Captains and First Officers in seniority order, as determined by

the Company pilot seniority list.

f. The Company will not involuntarily transfer any pilot.

Section 1 – Recognition and Scope

FILE: 2007 1120 ASA AgreementSigned

Copy

Printed: 11/20/2007 11:55:00 AM

g. The lists (Captain and First Officer) of pilots who will be offered

opportunities to transfer will be posted by the Company no later than ten

(10) days after the close of the bid period.

h. The Company pilots who transfer to the SkyWest, Inc. entity(ies) will be

placed on the pilot seniority list of the SkyWest, Inc. entity(ies) to which the

aircraft are transferring, pursuant to Sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-

Mohawk LPPs, unless such SkyWest, Inc. entity’s(ies’) pilots are

represented by the Association, in which case Association merger policy will

@ Skaff - I've made my point. I'm not about to rebut your inaccuracies. But please feel free to fight merging our two lists. I know I'll be doing the exact opposite on my side.

And I've made mine. I came to Skywest, not to work at your sister airline, but because I wanted to be here... We were not sister companies when I came to Skywest, and you are not my family. I will never do anything to put another pilot group before my own... are you willing to put my pilot group before your own?

And I've made mine. I came to Skywest, not to work at your sister airline, but because I wanted to be here... We were not sister companies when I came to Skywest, and you are not my family. I will never do anything to put another pilot group before my own... are you willing to put my pilot group before your own?

You WANT to be at SkyWest? You are a Fckiking LOSER

I think if you figured out a merger where you could get one list but with restrictions they might go for it. Let's say if you bid into a skywest base you get put on the bottom then moved up based on seniorty when new people transffered in.

My g/f is a skywest captain and like most came from another regional and they don't think it's fair that someone who can't pass the skywest interview can get as windfall into a base people worked hard to get into.

This is all very similar to the airtran vs. southwest thing. I mean look at the way asa got their contract. They negotiated for years without getting anything until skywest bought them then they pretty much exactly what skywest had.

All recent seniority list mergers were restricted from displacements (can only bid into new bases/aircraft if there is a vacancy) by their respective transition and process agreements.

The interview comment is laughable. So you are for putting those who interviewed with SKW and failed be place at the bottom and those who didn't even apply to be integrated? That whole interview crap is ridiculous.

Anyways, my understanding is that SKW pilots were given whatever ASA pilots gained in negotiations that they didn't already have. That's called riding coat tails. But its not as blatant as your current agreement to get XJT/ASA pay rates, 401k matching, and health benefits in their new contract.

Why would Skywest pilots ever want something that would put another airline before their own. SkyWest Airlines was profitable enough to put Inc in a position to buy ASA... SkyWest has continued to be profitable enough to take on a very unprofitable airline, Express Jet, and try to turn a profit with them. Why should we want something that would put you before us when our profits are paying your paychecks. Damn... some of you spikey haired kids have a problem with entitlement.

Good thing Skywest pilots don't have a say in any of this then. Anyways, it was JA's whipsaw of XJT that made us unprofitable with the new CPA. SKW broke it, they are paying for it now. Honestly, you can't see big picture here.

SkyWest Airlines growth is directly proportional to its' profitability. Why the heck would INC want to give the unprofitable airline more flying?

Didn't SKW airlines just lose some DelCon airplanes to Gojet or something? I guess you are right though, cause Gojet is profitable. Anyways, Inc is not very profitable right now because of those unprofitable airlines you talk about.

Why is ExpressJet complaining about growth, anyways? SkyWest has 315 planes, while ExpressJet now has 405.

Skywest has a net gain while ExpressJet has a net loss. Maybe that's why?

Are you speaking of the coat tails that your airline can't afford to pay for because they can't pull a profit or the growth that we can afford because of the profits we make every quarter. If getting your company profitable requires furloughs, that really, really sucks. I'm sincere about that. But, if you re-read my initial post I stand by it. It would be stupid for SkyWest pilots to sign anything that puts Express Jet ahead of SkyWest pilots. Why would I do that? I've been here a long time because I want to be here. I have no interest in working for Express Jet.

Again, SKW caused XJT to lose money on the CAL CPA thanks to JA's whipsaw of the SKW pilot group with XJT's. Inc's profit was less than $1M last quarter last time I checked. The quarter before that was a big loss. What growth with those loses are you talking about? The fact is that we are all in this together. XJT loses money or SKW loses money, Inc loses money. We all work for Inc.

Like I said, good thing you guys have no say in any of this.

All recent seniority list mergers were restricted from displacements (can only bid into new bases/aircraft if there is a vacancy) by their respective transition and process agreements.

The interview comment is laughable. So you are for putting those who interviewed with SKW and failed be place at the bottom and those who didn't even apply to be integrated? That whole interview crap is ridiculous.

Anyways, my understanding is that SKW pilots were given whatever ASA pilots gained in negotiations that they didn't already have. That's called riding coat tails. But its not as blatant as your current agreement to get XJT/ASA pay rates, 401k matching, and health benefits in their new contract.

Good thing Skywest pilots don't have a say in any of this then. Anyways, it was JA's whipsaw of XJT that made us unprofitable with the new CPA. SKW broke it, they are paying for it now. Honestly, you can't see big picture here.

Didn't SKW airlines just lose some DelCon airplanes to Gojet or something? I guess you are right though, cause Gojet is profitable. Anyways, Inc is not very profitable right now because of those unprofitable airlines you talk about.

Skywest has a net gain while ExpressJet has a net loss. Maybe that's why?

Again, SKW caused XJT to lose money on the CAL CPA thanks to JA's whipsaw of the SKW pilot group with XJT's. Inc's profit was less than $1M last quarter last time I checked. The quarter before that was a big loss. What growth with those loses are you talking about? The fact is that we are all in this together. XJT loses money or SKW loses money, Inc loses money. We all work for Inc.

Like I said, good thing you guys have no say in any of this.

How do you know GoJet is profitable? They are not a publicly traded company. Anyhow ASA management has stated that its likely GoJet took the 12 700 contract at a loss to get their foot in the door with Delta. Of course that's just speculation as well but they kinda have a better idea of regional airline economics than we do

Of course that's just speculation as well but they kinda have a better idea of regional airline economics than we do

They meaning ASA MGMT? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah!!!!!..........that's rich.........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

The ones who dreamed up Surejet?....

How do you know GoJet is profitable? They are not a publicly traded company. Anyhow ASA management has stated that its likely GoJet took the 12 700 contract at a loss to get their foot in the door with Delta. Of course that's just speculation as well but they kinda have a better idea of regional airline economics than we do

:confused:

Scott said that to meet the gojet bid we would be losing about $25/leg. For us that is about $365,000/year for 8 planes and 5 legs/day. He said it would be a loss for us not for them.

Their pilot costs are certainly lower don't know about their overhead and mtc costs. You may be able to assume that overall their costs are similar to our but as a privately held company no one really knows.

I'd be willing to bet their overhead for things such as office space and mgmt salaries is lower as well.

Face it. Mgmt style in ATL is still leftover from the old George and john days. A bunch of rednecks with NO talent, in WAY over their collective heads and no idea how to properly run an airline with more than 80 planes.

Ive heard for YEARS Gojets, Mesa, etc suck, but WE are the new suck with higher cost structure and marginally better pay.....for now.

You can't make fun of Mesa any more. At least they have their Shiite together.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back