• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Bedford, pick a color...any color

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at the afternoon arrival from SDF today. I am sure that all of you who have been up in arms about this will finally be able to breath a sigh of relief. it still does not change the fact that CHQ will be continuing to fly for CAL. I know that somehow you had hoped CAL would see a globe-less tail and cancel the contract and come running back to XJT, but it ain't gonna happen. Best of luck to you and your charter flying.

None of us expected CAL to come running back to us because the tail wasnt painted with the globe or the paint job in general was generic. I just think its kind of cheap and unprofessional NOT to paint the colors of your aircraft in the colors of the airline your flying for. Not only does it reflect badly on CAL mainline, but Continental Express, which now involves more than one of us. And I dont care if the tails or whatever are painted now, the should have ALL been painted accordingly from the start.

With all of your spares now how long do you think before you will fly one of your generic planes on a route, i bet 2 to 3 months then we can take cheap shots at you.

You people can relax, although I'm sure you won't. I parked at 103 in IAH tonight, and next to us was a CHQ CRJ, complete with a globe on the tail and "Continental Express" on the side.

Not only does it reflect badly on CAL mainline, but Continental Express, which now involves more than one of us.

Just curious, what do they call CommutAir and the branch of Colgan that flies for Continental? Is it not Continental Express?

None of us expected CAL to come running back to us because the tail wasnt painted with the globe or the paint job in general was generic. I just think its kind of cheap and unprofessional NOT to paint the colors of your aircraft in the colors of the airline your flying for. Not only does it reflect badly on CAL mainline, but Continental Express, which now involves more than one of us. And I dont care if the tails or whatever are painted now, the should have ALL been painted accordingly from the start.

Seems to be more of an indictment of COA and their not stressing the importance of the 'BRAND IMAGE'...SKW, Colgan, Commutair and Gulfstream all do (or did) fly airplanes for COA with strange paint schemes. I'll bet there will be some interesting looking Dash-8's in CLE when Commutair starts getting them. I now CHQ is flying as "Express" and not Connection like the others...but the flying public doesn't know the difference, nor do they care.

Latest resources

Back