Hawaiian goes Airbus, orders 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My old dream

I always wanted to fly for Hawaiian. I went to see them in 1991 when they still flew the DC9, DC8, Dash 8 and L1011. Well, we all know what happened. But I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the Airbus order as 1) I think Boeing helped Hawaiian in their time of need. 2) the 767 is still being built, along with 777 and 3) Hawaiian has always had AMERICAN airplanes! Ok so the Short's and the Dash 7 but primarily US aircraft. Nothing really against Airbus, OK I think their planes are crap. The Hibiscus and the beautiful Hawaiian girl on a french airplane? Just does not seem right to me. Ok enough rant. Good luck to the Hawaiian guys and gals.

Last edited:
The Airbus is holding up quite well, plenty of older birds around (of course old is relative, since the first 320 started revenue flying in 1987)
That plane is dead in Opa Locka as we speak! Airframe timed out. Funny, I am still flying a 30 year old 727!

BTW, most all of the accidents and incidents were caused by the Airbus's fantastic automation system.

I donna but airbus is kicking @ss lately,racking most of the a/c orders in asia and west/east europe,even with a strong euro which is not in their advantage. they must be doing something good or is it a lack of aggressiveness from Boeing?

That plane is dead in Opa Locka as we speak! Airframe timed out. Funny, I am still flying a 30 year old 727!

BTW, most all of the accidents and incidents were caused by the Airbus's fantastic automation system.[/quot

How much time do you have in Airbus's?
I've never flown one, so I'm withholding an opinion, but I find it interesting that the people I've talked to that have flown them seem to like them and the people that bash Airbus's often have never flown one.

Congrats on the new airplanes! Are these additional aircraft or replacements for the 767's?

Both, They will be flying a mixed fleet for quite awhile. This is also a long term new aircraft order. Additional used 330's will be coming on line starting in 2009 for growth. They are planning expansion to Asia and Europe.

Hey Hansoma,
Time to update your personal info - you're not haulin the trash out of Vegas anymore! How is the commute over the pass going? Congrats on taking your recall back to HAL, things are going nowhere fast around here.

I suppose you're right. I keep trying to think up something catchy but for some reason I just can't take my eyes off the Sky Belts ad....

Latest resources

Back