Hawaiian DX hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zzbaron

https://www3.ultirecruit.com/HAW1000/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*02A712B2D5753EB5

Requisition Number 10-0622

Post Date 9/20/2010

Title Dispatcher

City Honolulu

State HI

Part-Time No

Description

1. Prepare and issue Dispatch Releases/flight plans for all company flight operations taking into consideration weather, NOTAMS, aircraft performance, equipment status, ATC traffic, fuel loads and any other pertinent data.

2. Ensure that the Captain is informed of any enroute or airport condition which will affect safety. While the flight is in progress, dispatchers will maintain a continuing flight watch on each flight.

3. Dispatchers monitor enroute and terminal area conditions and anticipate the need for and take positive action with respect to matters of safety and other operational requirements of the flight. Dispatchers will propose or approve amendments to the current plan, redispatch to other airports and send weather information to the Captain.

4. Professional development, and other related duties as assigned

Requirements

• Some typing skills required.
• Good command of the English language, both oral and written.
• Able to work with all levels of employees under pressure.
• Part 121 experience preferred (Flag and/or Domestic).
• FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License required.
• SABRE computer experience preferred.
• High School Diploma required.

*DOT regulations identify this position as a safety-sensitive position. Therefore if you are selected for this position you will be required to submit to and successfully pass a DOT pre-employment drug test to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, PCP (Phencyclidine) and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment being made or any offer to attend applicable training in this position.

**HAZMAT MATERIAL TRAINING PREREQUISTE- Per 14 CFR 121.1005(b) requires each crewmember and person performing or directly supervising any job functions involving any item for transport on board an aircraft to receive HAZMAT Training respective to their job function prior to reporting to that department.

Be advised that Hawaiian Airlines policy is to pay you at the Assistant Dispatcher rate until you qualify as a dispatcher. I think that is 72% of 36,000. Good luck surviving on Oahu with that income, unless you already have some kind of support on island.

I interviewed about 2 years ago, and was told it could take two to three months to qualify. Three months seems a little long, but I could see two months easily with the three different aircraft and flag vs domestic operations. OTOH, they may break down initial training to the 717 and Domestic Operations so it could be somewhat reduced. They separate the Domestic and International desks.

Last edited:
Anyone out there get an interview with them? Just curious on the qualifications that they are looking for? Thanks for any info!

Anyone out there get an interview with them? Just curious on the qualifications that they are looking for? Thanks for any info!
I didn't even get the "No, Thanks" email others got. I guess what I put down as my reasonable "Salary Expectation" for dispatching international/TransPac flying while living in a high cost-of-living area didn't mesh with what Hawaiian considers to be reasonable. It's unfortunate...because, otherwise, that could be a pretty cool gig.

Speaking of Hawaiian, has there been any more to the rumblings about an Alaska buyout/merge?

Last edited:
There are some rumblings around here and Ive heard people at Hawaiian have been hearing it. I wonder how many dispatchers would move to Seattle?

There are some rumblings around here and Ive heard people at Hawaiian have been hearing it. I wonder how many dispatchers would move to Seattle?

<raises hand> :(

They are delaying you coming up here so they can have Hawaiian and you guys move up the same time.

Move over! The ugly red headed step child is moving in! :D

Latest resources

Back